Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2.36 Bz units in Pusan Perimeter
10-29-2020, 05:35 AM,
2.36 Bz units in Pusan Perimeter
Does rule 11.5 apply to the 2.36 Bz units in Pusan Perimeter?  Do they roll to see if they get the shot: 1-3 no shot, 4-6 they shoot?   Or, since they are an AT unit do they automatically get to shoot?

Since they stack freely, do they count towards the 3 combat units in a hex or not?
10-29-2020, 10:15 AM,
RE: 2.36 Bz units in Pusan Perimeter
I got this in email from John Perryman:

"Don't have the game but if it's a separate unit it does not have to roll to be used. Not sure why he broke the bazookas out so can not give you an answer on the three units question but I believe they do as they put more men in the hex."
10-29-2020, 11:58 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-29-2020, 11:59 PM by plloyd1010.)
Jay would be my first source on the Bazooka units. My interpretation is that only the 1st one stacks free. They do not need to make the infantry anti-tank to to see if they get to shoot.

P.S. It is Mike Perryman, John is his father's name.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
12-21-2020, 02:11 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-21-2020, 02:14 PM by JayTownsend.)
(10-29-2020, 05:35 AM)Blackcloud6 Wrote: Does rule 11.5 apply to the 2.36 Bz units in Pusan Perimeter?  Do they roll to see if they get the shot: 1-3 no shot, 4-6 they shoot?   Or, since they are an AT unit do they automatically get to shoot?

Since they stack freely, do they count towards the 3 combat units in a hex or not?

Sorry I just saw this question. Bazooka's were a hot commodity in the Korean War when it first start and in low supply and from everything I read in my research while doing the Pusan Perimeter game the U.S. Army account mention them being specials teams, so I separated them from the built in Infantry of previous games, as that would give the Infantry units too many Bazookas per platoon which were very rare even for the 2.36 Bazookas. The 3.5-inch Bazookas had to be rushed over from the United State and trickled into to the front. Thus Bazooka Teams which I carried over into Counter-Attack, as the use still wasn't much. By Intervention of the Chinese invasion there wasn't any armor left, so they were primarily used on bunkers. 

But to your question, Bazooka teams stack for free and do not count against that modifier for having more than three units in a hex. They fire simultaneously in assault combat and do not have to roll for the shot, they get to shoot. So assault combat as usual plus the AT Fire. Some many disagree and use the traditional roll, that is fine but not what I had in mind creating this unit. Remember when stacked in defense or offense assault combat against only enemy units without armor they add a Direct Fire value of 1 to assault combat. Bazooka Teams were usually a squad of six of less men. You can stack as many as you want in a hex, no limit, as there are not very many to begin with.    

They count as step when eliminated. Sometimes in assault combat it helps the US player to lose one of these steps first in game play.
Blackcloud6 and joe_oppenheimer like this post
12-26-2020, 12:59 AM,
Jay:

Thanks.
JayTownsend likes this post