Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VASSAL 3.4.3
09-28-2020, 02:35 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-28-2020, 02:47 AM by cjsiam.)
VASSAL 3.4.3
So....as other games seemed to start demanding updated versions....I pulled in the latest....

Oops?

in the latest vassel---I was able to see all my modules, etc....
Opened up, started a game, pulled a map --- all good
Went to try units---they would not drag from unit inventory onto map---EXCEPT the aircraft (both sides) seemed to work...I could pull
aircraft onto board (but, as Goering learned at dunkirk...hard to hold ground with airplanes....) but doesn't make much of a game Smile

Any suggestions Peter? 

I will go off an reload the modules anew....
see if that helps...

OK---I reloaded lastest uber and extensions----opened them in the new vassal (they were 2.6) but, again, only aircraft (both sides) actually
come over with no problem....other units cannot be dragged onto map.

That's where I'm left with that version...sigh....

cjSmile
09-28-2020, 04:17 AM,
RE: VASSAL 3.4.3
Never update Vassal until the module developer tells you to. The module(s) need to be tested and potentially updated for the new version of Vassal. As you have seen.

Can you revert to the old version?
09-28-2020, 07:44 AM,
RE: VASSAL 3.4.3
I tried it on my laptop and desktop. Vassal 3.4.3 worked fine on both of them. I could draw what ever pieces I wanted, and they functioned normally. The national graveyards and assault boards are good too.

I have put all my Vassal modules and saved games in a separate directory from the Vassal app. I have found that the Vassal profile extends across all the installed versions now.

Craig, you might want to clear you tile cache and try setting up a game again.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking