Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clone command?
08-18-2020, 12:12 AM,
Clone command?
Is there a clone command to clone units once they are on the map?  other modules usually have Control-C as this command that will clone the unit.  It is a fast way to get, say 15 Inf counters on the map instead of pulling them out of the Pieces box one by one.  The command is usually also part of the right click pull down menu on a unit.
08-18-2020, 12:18 AM,
RE: Clone command?
Yes, there is. It does not randomize the images of multi image pieces, like the infantry. You can see which counters have multiple images by watching the dialog window. Multi image units generate a random number dependent on how images the dead-tree counter has in the physical game. To randomize the image of a cloned multi image piece, select it and press Cntl+R.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
08-18-2020, 12:33 AM,
I'm not sure that is what I meant.  I'm asking is there a way to place a unit on the map and then simply make more of the same units by using a command.
08-18-2020, 12:58 AM,
Yes. Cntl+C. If you right-click on a counter, you can see the commands for that counter and the keyboard commands associated. It also bypasses an aesthetical feature.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
08-18-2020, 04:46 AM,
Cntl+C is not working in the Desert Rats counters extensions.  There is not a menu item for Cntrl+C either when you right click.
08-18-2020, 04:53 AM,
What version of the base module are you using?
08-18-2020, 05:00 AM,
Module version on my VASSAL menu says 2.3
08-18-2020, 05:04 AM,
I see there is a 2.5.  I'll install it and see if Cntrl+C works.
08-18-2020, 05:16 AM,
OK, with Uber 2.5 and the Italian Army 4.4 extension, the clone command is in the right click menu and it works.

The counters I put in my game from the Italian Army 4.3 extension still do not have the Cntrl+C command but that is probably becasue I did those on both old versions.  No sweat, I'll just reload the counters from the new extension.

How do i get rid if the older Italian Army extension?  I have it disabled but it still shows in the menu.

Thanks for your help.
08-18-2020, 06:23 AM,
First, clear your tile cache. You can delete, archive or leave the Italian Army OOB disabled.

The clone trait is in the base module. So if you placed them while using the old module, they will keep the traits the old module gave them.