Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forced Unloading Movement
07-17-2020, 06:11 AM,
Forced Unloading Movement
A transport carrying an INF unit is hit and disrupted in a hex that if now maxed out, for stacking purposes. The INF is disrupted so must unload. Since the forced unloading INF unit is disrupted, do they incur some other penalty?
07-17-2020, 06:59 AM,
RE: Forced Unloading Movement
Last sentence of rule 5.66: If the forced unloading causes a violation of the stacking limit apply the penalties in 4.1.

That penalty is: If at any time the stacking limit is exceeded, all units in the offending stack are immediately marked as Disrupted (if not already), and the opposing player moves sufficient overstacked units to adjacent hexes to bring the hex within the stacking limit. If there are no suitable adjacent hexes to displace the overstacked units to (for example, the hex is surrounded by enemy units), then the owning player chooses which units to eliminate to satisfy the stacking limits.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
07-17-2020, 07:03 AM,
(07-17-2020, 06:59 AM)plloyd1010 Wrote: Last sentence of rule 5.66: If the forced unloading causes a violation of the stacking limit apply the penalties in 4.1.

That penalty is: If at any time the stacking limit is exceeded, all units in the offending stack are immediately marked as Disrupted (if not already), and the opposing player moves sufficient overstacked units to adjacent hexes to bring the hex within the stacking limit. If there are no suitable adjacent hexes to displace the overstacked units to (for example, the hex is surrounded by enemy units), then the owning player chooses which units to eliminate to satisfy the stacking limits.

But what if the INF unit is disrupted from being hit on the truck. They unload into an already full hex they are to be disrupted, but since they are already, nothing?
07-17-2020, 07:06 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-17-2020, 07:07 AM by Michael Murphy.)
Rule 4.1 doesn’t specify any additional penalty to the DIS unit - “... all units in the offending stack are immediately marked as Disrupted (if not already), ...”

Don’t forget to bring your stack back to the limit by displacing the excess units per the remainder of this rule.

Peace. Michael
07-17-2020, 07:10 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-17-2020, 07:12 AM by plloyd1010.)
(07-17-2020, 07:03 AM)Kithikor Wrote: But what if the INF unit is disrupted from being hit on the truck. They unload into an already full hex they are to be disrupted, but since they are already, nothing?

There is no additional or compounded disruption. The unit would be displaced to an adjacent hex or be eliminated after unloading.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
07-17-2020, 07:50 AM,
(07-17-2020, 07:10 AM)plloyd1010 Wrote:
(07-17-2020, 07:03 AM)Kithikor Wrote: But what if the INF unit is disrupted from being hit on the truck. They unload into an already full hex they are to be disrupted, but since they are already, nothing?

There is no additional or compounded disruption. The unit would be displaced to an adjacent hex or be eliminated after unloading.(Emphasis mine.)

Per your original rules post (which was a digest), the opponent would pick some unit, not necessarily the triggering unit to be displaced.  (I'm not looking at the rule, just the info above.)
07-17-2020, 09:30 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-17-2020, 09:33 AM by cjsiam.)
So I have a hex with 3 INF in it.....
I'm driving my Truck (loaded with an AT gun lets say) and as I enter the hex the enemy Opportunity fires at my moving truck
and gets an MC---which I promptly fail as disrupted.....

So---I would have 4 combat units(3 good order INF THAT JUST BECAME DISRUPTED!!! and 1 disrupted ATGun from the UNLOADING) and a disrupted truck in the hex---not good

So---I have to move a unit out.....
a) the disrupted AT Gun?  -- ok...
b) a disrupted Inf---can I really force an INF to move out of the square..?? ...

As soon as the unit unloads disrupted, the entire stack disrupts......(4 combat units).....and someone has to move---picked by the enemy...

Is that how this plays out?
07-17-2020, 10:14 AM,
RAW, your opponent gets to displace any excess stacking units in the hex. As a solo player, I use random selection for these situations.

Peace. Michael