Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questioning Counter Errata and Correcting Counter Errata and Adding Counter Errata
07-13-2020, 08:48 AM,
Questioning Counter Errata and Correcting Counter Errata and Adding Counter Errata
I am looking at the Errata for http://pg-hq.com/library.php?series=PG&t...me&id=FaoF (Fall of France)

It shows the "French 75" with the annotation of "In 1940: Fall of France, the units show Direct Fire. All units are Indirect Fire. "  I just checked all my counters and they all seem right.  Was there an early printing that was wrong?

The Errata shows information on the German 105.  However, the information seems to inapplicable.  I am sure that this errata does apply to some game.  Is it possible to have that noted?

Also, I think I have found some unlisted misprints:  French Tank 2C (2 counters) has the same stats on both side of the counter.  (I assume the reduced should be 5-4.)  Likewise, (one of?) the R40 tanks has the same values on both sides.  (Reduced probably should be 3-4.)
07-13-2020, 09:27 AM,
RE: Questioning Counter Errata and Correcting Counter Errata and Adding Counter Errata
When we made the errata system there were probably half as many games as there are now. We also now have many reissued titles. The errata can be misleading as you've noticed. It's something we're looking at adjusting. Unit errata is the main issue.
rules_heretic likes this post
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
07-13-2020, 11:10 AM,
RE: Questioning Counter Errata and Correcting Counter Errata and Adding Counter Errata
(07-13-2020, 08:48 AM)rules_heretic Wrote: I am looking at the Errata for http://pg-hq.com/library.php?series=PG&t...me&id=FaoF (Fall of France)

It shows the "French 75" with the annotation of "In 1940: Fall of France, the units show Direct Fire. All units are Indirect Fire. "  I just checked all my counters and they all seem right.  Was there an early printing that was wrong?

The Errata shows information on the German 105.  However, the information seems to inapplicable.  I am sure that this errata does apply to some game.  Is it possible to have that noted?

Also, I think I have found some unlisted misprints:  French Tank 2C (2 counters) has the same stats on both side of the counter.  (I assume the reduced should be 5-4.)  Likewise, (one of?) the R40 tanks has the same values on both sides.  (Reduced probably should be 3-4.)

The VASSAL implementation caught those same unit issues --- think we hit them correctly.....(not sure about the arty...)