Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ideas for OP fire when playing solitaire?
07-10-2020, 07:50 AM,
Ideas for OP fire when playing solitaire?
I am new to the game and wanted to know if anyone has a way to trigger OP fire when playing solitaire so its random?
thanks
bob
07-10-2020, 09:48 AM,
RE: Ideas for OP fire when playing solitaire?
talk a little more about what your expecting.....

Playing Solitaire you typically would have a basic plan for both sides (I do anyway)....
and the commander/unit would make a decision to take the shot or not--based on impact to the greater plan....might not want to reveal, the target not 
  worth the exposing, things like that.

Might be possible to set up some parameters and a response table....effectively removing your direct control from your subordinate units....

I like it....drop a note....I'm going to be doing lots of Solitaire...so this might be worth codifying....
saracv3 likes this post
07-10-2020, 11:29 AM,
(07-10-2020, 09:48 AM)cjsiam Wrote: talk a little more about what your expecting.....

Playing Solitaire you typically would have a basic plan for both sides (I do anyway)....
and the commander/unit would make a decision to take the shot or not--based on impact to the greater plan....might not want to reveal, the target not 
  worth the exposing, things like that.

Might be possible to set up some parameters and a response table....effectively removing your direct control from your subordinate units....

I like it....drop a note....I'm going to be doing lots of Solitaire...so this might be worth codifying....
07-10-2020, 11:32 AM,
Thanks.

I was thinking something that would trigger an Ops fire while I moved the other units. Thinking of something like rolling 2D6 during a movement and if a certain number came up if that unit was in range it would trigger a OP fire. Just to randomize things a bit ?
07-16-2020, 10:28 PM,
I usually take at the first opportunity. I understand the dilemma. Does one take it when the enemy is advancing at three hexes, two, or one? You know in your mind what’s going to happen. But I’ll usually take it at the time that might be most “realistic.” In other
words, if the enemy is advancing to attack, take it at two or one hexes. If the enemy is just passing by or going away, take it at the first opportunity.

I just had a situation tonight where a stack of Germans were leaving a village because their position had become untenable. They advanced one hex and the Maoris took opportunity Fire- no effect happened- lily for the Germans. They could only go one hex. Most of the stack was dispersed.