Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Distinguishing Units and Leaders M2-7.61
07-06-2020, 09:21 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-06-2020, 09:29 PM by saracv3.)
Distinguishing Units and Leaders M2-7.61
And the ultimate yuk came to me (maybe after a short illness). I have been playing all this time thinking that Leaders will also suffer the M2 roll upon step loss. But a leader is not a Unit. So no, the leader does not roll the M2. However, there’s some confusion in the rules when the statement “Each direct or bombardment fire attack affects the entire hex.” 7.61 (4th Ed) Right?
07-07-2020, 12:21 AM,
RE: Distinguishing Units and Leaders M2-7.61
I don't think you're going to find a lot of agreement about that interpretation...

A DF/Bombardment/Assault to a hex that results in a step loss causes units in the hex to take an M2....I've never seen leaders be exempt....in fact, after the M2,
they take a leader loss roll as well--after all else....
Michael Murphy likes this post
07-07-2020, 01:02 AM,
That's the way I've always played it too. If the troops led by that officer take a hit, one would think that the leader's morale could also be diminished.....but the unit v. leader distinction is sometimes a matter of interpretation in certain rules.
07-07-2020, 02:21 AM,
(07-07-2020, 01:02 AM)Schoenwulf Wrote: That's the way I've always played it too. If the troops led by that officer take a hit, one would think that the leader's morale could also be diminished.....but the unit v. leader distinction is sometimes a matter of interpretation in certain rules.

I think we're dealing with some "imprecision" in the language used regarding: What is a Unit?  When referring to "units" in the rules---is that "Units" distinction intended, or is just imprecise language?

I understand where Craig is coming from (he is a craig, after all...) but I think he went to the "dark side" of the interpretation in this case.....
saracv3 likes this post
07-07-2020, 08:30 AM,
Indeed. I actually touched on this somewhere else. I There is the units anguage (even to the
point of hearing the word ”pieces” ) But there’s a another section that has a dualism.i think it is in the 7. section, and I mentioned it in Armor Immunity awhile back.