Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feature requests
07-02-2020, 02:32 AM,
Feature requests
1. Get a ladder going. I've got a crude one setup at Bracket.com. But I think one here would be better.

2. Comparative option. In addition to search within my library, also allow restrictions based on another user's library. So that if I pick some games, or my library, the search engine would not return results not in your library.

3. A playable with Vassal search restriction.

4. Random return search option. An option in searching which would return a specified number of randomly selected results within search parameters, the default would be one or two. For example, building off the above requests: I pick a dozen games I have, restrict the results to games in your library, check the Vassal support box, pick whatever other parameters, choose return 3 (random) and click search. I get a list of 3 scenarios, which I forward to you and say "Drew pick one these.."

Okay?
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
07-08-2020, 01:42 AM,
RE: Feature requests
(07-02-2020, 02:32 AM)plloyd1010 Wrote: 4. Random return search option. An option in searching which would return a specified number of randomly selected results within search parameters, the default would be one or two. For example, building off the above requests: I pick a dozen games I have, restrict the results to games in your library, check the Vassal support box, pick whatever other parameters, choose return 3 (random) and click search. I get a list of 3 scenarios, which I forward to you and say "Drew pick one these.."

These are all great ideas.

For this one, are you asking for the ability to one-click email the search results to another user(s) ? Or would you be handling that on your own?
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
07-08-2020, 02:41 AM,
RE: Feature requests
Emailing to another user would be nice. It would save step, but handling that on our own wouldn't be too cumbersome. I'm mostly thinking of ways to make quick match-up or match-up choices.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
06-25-2022, 12:48 AM,
A feature I just noticed.
I just noticed that the unread alert count is also in my browser tab title. That's kind of cool. Might you change it?

The title in the tab is often longer than the allowance. (Which is why I may not have noticed the feature before.) Could it be placed at the front of the title?
Could you make the count be that of unread posts? (Non-zero counts of course, like it is now.) The alerts count is always in the header bar, but the unread posts count is only on the top level forum header.

That's me, never happy. This idea is way low priority.