Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hidden Unit Rules
06-23-2020, 02:31 AM,
Hidden Unit Rules
Hello.
17.3 says
"...Hidden units (16.6) may attack ..."
but 16.6 talks about minefields. I searched through the rules. Unless they use a different name, how does HIDDEN work? 
Thanks in advance.
06-23-2020, 03:13 AM,
RE: Hidden Unit Rules
Barnhart, that is on of the places where the 4th edition fell down. Hidden units used to be a special rule in the 3rd edition. (that is where the 16.6 rule reference comes from.) Now the hidden unit rule is more obscure, but available over at Avalanche Press in old Daily Content post.

I am pretty sure I know what you are working on. In Vassal, you can still mark units hidden as a solo player, and pretend that you don't see them. There are also other schemes, like semi-random discovery. Someone recently had an interesting way of dealing with the hidden units in Mentoring scenario 3. He recently graduated too, I think, but I can't quite remember.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
07-10-2020, 08:32 AM,
(06-23-2020, 03:13 AM)plloyd1010 Wrote:  Someone recently had an interesting way of dealing with the hidden units in Mentoring scenario 3. He recently graduated too, I think, but I can't quite remember.

Hi Peter,

That was me for the Scenario #3 as you mention.  It was a VERY ROUGH DRAFT of what I wanted to do to handle hidden units in this specific scenario.  It did work Ok for placement of hidden units but the concept isn't universal - it would have to be customized for every scenario.   In fact,  I deviated slightly from it as it seemed a little cumbersome as written.  If anyone is interested, I can send the vlog file that I used it on.

I have included it here but haven't used it since as I play mostly FtF via Skype and soon to be playing on VASSAL once some of my opponents finish the Academy or we get some kind of play going on the Braakets ladder. 

.docx   PG_Solo_HiddenUnit_Variant.docx (Size: 7.28 KB / Downloads: 9)
07-10-2020, 08:47 AM,
Thanks Tony. I wasn't sure who it was because I delete the relative logfile folder shortly after someone graduates.

The Braackets ladder is functional. I put everyone in the league in the tournament. There is a challenge button near the bottom of the tournament page. The next issue is to sort out common access to scenarios. I've asked Drew for search options that would help.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking