Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crete Scenario #6: The Second Day
06-19-2020, 12:45 PM,
RE: Crete Scenario #6: The Second Day
Gentlemen,
     In regard to scenario six in Crete in appears an important part of special rule 5 was omitted. On the first two turns (only) German aircraft may attack any Allied unit(s) even those in cover that can not be spotted by a German unit. If no German unit is able to spot the Allied unit(s) being attacked add a plus one die roll modifier to the die roll to see if the aircraft misses the hex. Therefore an aircraft misses the intended hex on a roll of 1-3.  Sorry for the confusion.                  Thanks, Mike
saracv3 likes this post
06-20-2020, 12:22 AM,
Thanks Mike. That clears up a bit. I'll add it to the note about the town on board 98.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
06-20-2020, 03:38 AM,
So I told Mike in his rating that was my house rule too. I’m glad he confirmed.

IThe two waves on turn 1 consisted of a Ju87 and ME110 =32 points hitting the village in 99:1912 w a NZ 10-1-1 Lt and NZ HMG. Adjusted column on Direct Fire would still be 45. Village is -1 (dug-in modifier), but column shift still goes to 45! What did I get? A paltry disruption on the leader. The other attack hit Pyrgos hex 99:0805. This was even a stronger attack against a town hex w -2 modifier. This attack had a Ju87 and ME110 at 34 points. But the modifier resulted in the 30 column being used and an M came up against a stack of Service troops and a 10-1-2 Lt. No results occurred!

What a bust!
06-20-2020, 04:07 AM,
(06-19-2020, 12:45 PM)mike perryman Wrote: Gentlemen,
     In regard to scenario six in Crete in appears an important part of special rule 5 was omitted. On the first two turns (only) German aircraft may attack any Allied unit(s) even those in cover that can not be spotted by a German unit. If no German unit is able to spot the Allied unit(s) being attacked add a plus one die roll modifier to the die roll to see if the aircraft misses the hex. Therefore an aircraft misses the intended hex on a roll of 1-3.  Sorry for the confusion.                  Thanks, Mike

Although I didn’t use the +1 spot modifier. But I did do the attack based on the scouts spotting the targets.

I pretended the scouts were in a camouflage situation and set them in the light forest of two hexes back. All were placed on hillsides I next to each other on map #96.+
06-20-2020, 04:12 AM,
If Peter or Mike hasn’t left a note in Errata on #6, I’ll just simply copy and paste Mike’s note here into the Errata section.
06-20-2020, 04:17 AM,
I'll get it.
saracv3 likes this post
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
06-20-2020, 10:05 PM,
Absence of a Keitenkrad is noted from the inventory of the Assault Regiment. This means the 75RCL must be dragged. This can be a long way in order to reach NZ positions.

I’m assuming the lack of the Keitenkrad is no oversight.
06-20-2020, 11:05 PM,
(06-20-2020, 10:05 PM)saracv3 Wrote: Absence of a Keitenkrad is noted from the inventory of the Assault Regiment. This means the 75RCL must be dragged. This can be a long way in order to reach NZ positions.

I’m assuming the lack of the Keitenkrad is no oversight.

Being that kettenkrads are not airdroppable, I would not expect to see one until the day after the airfield is secure.
06-21-2020, 12:59 PM,
Ah, I thought it got destroyed in the air drop. It won’t be the end of the use Of the 75RCL as
an effective weapon. The range and firepower, 8-12, make it very potent even if it has to be pushed.