Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Positioning 0-0 leaders
06-17-2020, 03:39 AM,
RE: Positioning 0-0 leaders
(06-17-2020, 03:00 AM)saracv3 Wrote: I think somewhere in the rules it says that the opponent can’t examine an enemy stack. But I don’t know what section that statement is found.

The only reference I can find is in the Optional rule "Limited Intelligence"...

Now--- in general I think it's appropriate and necessary to be able to examine stacks---VASSAL won't work
to NOT ALLOW it...you can always hover over a stack to see it's contents....

Hidding a Tiger behind some infantry?---naw.....not really a thing....
06-17-2020, 07:30 AM,
Given that the optional rule establishes a limit to stack inspection, logically the default situation is unlimited stack inspection.
cjsiam likes this post
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
06-17-2020, 08:14 AM,
(06-17-2020, 07:30 AM)Shad Wrote: Given that the optional rule establishes a limit to stack inspection, logically the default situation is unlimited stack inspection.

Not being able to inspect stacks in a tactical game would seem a little absurd. While leaders could be hidden (my cousin and I do that), deploying a platoon of U.S. riflemen is not going to do much to hide the Shermans that are accompanying them.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
06-17-2020, 12:24 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-17-2020, 12:24 PM by triangular_cube.)
The original Jungle rules prevented the opponent from examining unspotted stacks. Im assuming this was changed, but I havnt tabled a newer pacific game yet. 

This coupled with the fact that in Guadalcanal, the USMC typically has 2-3 leaders per unit, creates entirely absurd logic of hiding your riflemen behind the horde of Majors.

There was also one scenario in the original Panzer Grenadier that called for one side to physically place smoke counters on top of all of their stacks to prevent the opponent from examining them  Dodgy .

Such are the quirks of the early rules I suppose.
06-17-2020, 08:08 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-17-2020, 08:12 PM by saracv3.)
(06-17-2020, 07:30 AM)Shad Wrote: Given that the optional rule establishes a limit to stack inspection, logically the default situation is unlimited stack inspection.

I’ve been set straight. I think .