Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Anti-Tank guns OPP fire....One shot?
06-03-2020, 04:38 AM,
RE: Anti-Tank guns OPP fire....One shot?
You switch targets, just as if a tank got a kill shot.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
06-03-2020, 11:24 PM,
And now for an additional thought or two: Turrets w/ their ability to swivel quickly might justify two shots, but AFVs include Assault Guns and Tank Destroyers. These have no turrets, but also get that 2 shot advantage, correct?

And what of Opportunity Fire and AT? One gets two shots per turn w/ that right? Even the supposedly cumbersome 88mm is pretty fast in the reload.

Now I have very little wisdom, and am no wise guy. Just asking questions here. Confused
06-04-2020, 12:30 AM,
Rules as Written-- RAW do not provide two shots for AT Guns for any forces.   Activation to fire is one shot, and Opp fire for AT is one shot...

Thus, the conundrum....

Clearly the "Armor Efficiency" is about training.....

Given AT Guns ONLY role is shooting at tanks, you think that training would cause them to be at least as effective (in terms of # of shots) as an
equivalent gun in a Tank.....

So....the conundrum...
06-04-2020, 12:38 AM,
Craig, you've manages to touch on 2 other house rules of mine.
  • One-man turret vehicles only get 1 Opfire shot, and are never considered efficient.
  • Non-turreted vehicles, if efficient may only take their second shot through the same hex side as the first, and the hex fired through is used for crossfire consideration later in the turn.
I tend to dislike distinctions without differences, and obvious differences without distinction.
saracv3 likes this post
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
06-04-2020, 02:24 AM,
I like the non-turret rule.....reflects exactly the issue....
hmmm....

Where is "The Compendium of House Rules" ??
06-04-2020, 02:51 AM,
Mine? I've posted and referenced many times. Other peoples, I have collected and sometimes incorporated.
06-04-2020, 04:22 AM,
(06-04-2020, 02:51 AM)plloyd1010 Wrote: Mine? I've posted and referenced many times. Other peoples, I have collected and sometimes incorporated.

can you point at a "post or reference" so that I might find them?....is there a thread?

Shad, I might suggest you put up a "House Rules" tagged forum? where people can put their rules/rationale..... 
This actually would be of great interest I think...
Smile
06-04-2020, 04:37 AM,
(06-04-2020, 04:22 AM)cjsiam Wrote: Shad, I might suggest you put up a "House Rules" tagged forum? where people can put their rules/rationale..... 
Smile

I think it would be a good idea
06-04-2020, 04:51 AM,
(06-04-2020, 04:22 AM)cjsiam Wrote: can you point at a "post or reference" so that I might find them?....is there a thread?

Shad, I might suggest you put up a "House Rules" tagged forum? where people can put their rules/rationale..... 
Smile

I thought you already had these Craig. It what We Play, Redux over in the DIY section. All the rules changes and mods, Except for AT resolution, are built off of elements already in the PG system.

I think a house rules section would be good too. I have concerns about how it manage it. Not that I think Drew would judgemental or heavy-handed, just that a House Rules sub-section could get very messy, very fast, especially with regard to indexing.
06-04-2020, 05:04 AM,
(06-03-2020, 04:38 AM)plloyd1010 Wrote: You switch targets, just as if a tank got a kill shot.

Just to confirm then: a "Hit" on your AT Fire Table causes a step loss to the target (and an M2 check if it survives)