Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Read / unread thread status totally broken for anyone else?
05-08-2020, 11:38 AM,
Read / unread thread status totally broken for anyone else?
Yes, I'm filing a bug report against my own site Rolleyes

For some time now the unread (dark green) and read (gray) circles seem to have no relationship with reality for me. The number of new posts in the main site menu is correct, but I can read an entire thread, go back to the parent forum, and it will still show as having unread messages.

Is this happening for anyone else?
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
05-08-2020, 12:39 PM,
RE: Read / unread thread status totally broken for anyone else?
(05-08-2020, 11:38 AM)Shad Wrote: Yes, I'm filing a bug report against my own site Rolleyes

For some time now the unread (dark green) and read (gray) circles seem to have no relationship with reality for me. The number of new posts in the main site menu is correct, but I can read an entire thread, go back to the parent forum, and it will still show as having unread messages.

Is this happening for anyone else?

Yes.... I wish I could be definitive, but I am pretty sure that there are quite a few that I have read that are coming up as unread.

Mike
05-08-2020, 12:45 PM,
Occasionally. some posts that I have read, reappear in the unread list.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
05-29-2020, 08:18 AM,
Sometimes, then I get pissed off and mark forum read.
05-30-2020, 02:26 AM,
For me, the Forum page with the list of forums (http://www.pg-hq.com/comms/) shows black dots next to most of the forums despite the fact that I'm up to date on reading, but the ("number of new posts") next to the forums tab on the main page (http://www.pg-hq.com/) and the "View New Posts" feature on the main forums page both work fine.