Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fall of France & Road to Dunkirk supported
04-24-2020, 01:09 AM,
Fall of France & Road to Dunkirk supported
Files for Fall of France & Road to Dunkirk are now in the Vassal library. Game packages are available for download.
Of course there are extra units for experimentation and creativity. Of particular note are the Royal Marines and Grossdeutchland Regiment/Division.

The Royal Marines OOB has been expanded to support a battalion sized landing. If you use it with the USN extension, you can conduct some landing operations. Operation Claymore comes to mind, but are lots of other raids too. I hope to get graphic files to create a Royal Navy extension, so the marines can call upon their own guns.

Grossdeutchland has been linked as an optional for the earlier eastern front games. All the scenarios in which the Grossdeutchland Division appears should have counters available in the GD colors, as well as support units for the motor infantry regiment in Fall of France. The 1943-45 version as a panzergrenadier and panzer should be coming after Broken Axis and Burning Tigers get their support.

The support project to-do list is South Flank, June update, Burning Tigers, Broken Axis, Saipan/Mariannas, Lib'44, Army at Dawn. In between those are supplements like Land Cruisers, GD'44 and so forth. Those get sweezed in as practical.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
04-24-2020, 02:21 AM,
RE: Fall of France & Road to Dunkirk supported
(04-24-2020, 01:09 AM)plloyd1010 Wrote: Files for Fall of France & Road to Dunkirk are now in the Vassal library. Game packages are available for download.
Of course there are extra units for experimentation and creativity. Of particular note are the Royal Marines and Grossdeutchland Regiment/Division.

The Royal Marines OOB has been expanded to support a battalion sized landing. If you use it with the USN extension, you can conduct some landing operations. Operation Claymore comes to mind, but are lots of other raids too. I hope to get graphic files to create a Royal Navy extension, so the marines can call upon their own guns.

Grossdeutchland has been linked as an optional for the earlier eastern front games. All the scenarios in which the Grossdeutchland Division appears should have counters available in the GD colors, as well as support units for the motor infantry regiment in Fall of France. The 1943-45 version as a panzergrenadier and panzer should be coming after Broken Axis and Burning Tigers get their support.

The support project to-do list is South Flank, June update, Burning Tigers, Broken Axis, Saipan/Mariannas, Lib'44, Army at Dawn. In between those are supplements like Land Cruisers, GD'44 and so forth. Those get sweezed in as practical.

Blessed is he who works tirelessly to provide such delight in this time of home-and remote gaming....
My 1000 flowers, and sundry brewed beverages be sent your way....
When we're out of this---Beers on me Peter!

Oh the delight!
J6A likes this post
04-24-2020, 02:46 AM,
I've never been one to pass up a free beer, especially an Irish Red. Wildwoods has good one. I hope they survive this.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
04-25-2020, 12:35 AM,
(04-24-2020, 02:46 AM)plloyd1010 Wrote: I've never been one to pass up a free beer, especially an Irish Red. Wildwoods has good one. I hope they survive this.

Should we be taking steps to stock up on these critical items ?
I understand Govey Poli considers Liquor stores essential....
Smile
04-27-2020, 12:30 AM,
I love the fact the France is finally here. I have noticed a couple things though. I seem to be missing the German random leaders, it is blank, I have them in the normally random tab has the leaders there. Wondering if anyone else has this issue. Not a terribly big issue I can randomize the leaders with a few dice rolls.

Also one minor graphics issue the French P178 on the flip side the reduced strength overlay appears to be not sized correctly. (at least on my display)

Mike
04-27-2020, 01:36 AM,
(04-27-2020, 12:30 AM)uannayven Wrote: I love the fact the France is finally here. I have noticed a couple things though. I seem to be missing the German random leaders, it is blank, I have them in the normally random tab has the leaders there. Wondering if anyone else has this issue. Not a terribly big issue I can randomize the leaders with a few dice rolls.

Also one minor graphics issue the French P178 on the flip side the reduced strength overlay appears to be not sized correctly. (at least on my display)

Mike

Yep....that back reduced strength slipped through---I have provided updated piece to "He who manages all things"...I suspect an update will appear soon of the OOB....
I'm gonna owe him another beer.....
cjSmile
04-27-2020, 10:54 AM,
I put in some fixes. I just uploaded a new version.
04-28-2020, 12:50 AM,
Thank you for new upload. BTW is anyone else missing the German leader counters from the random deck? Or is it something wrong on my side?

Mike
04-28-2020, 01:34 AM,
I would need more detail to give a good answer. There are a couple things you might try.
  1. Clear your tile cache. Vassal gets sometimes confused.
  2. Deactivate any extensions not needed for Fall of France. I found a board naming issue with how Vassal keeps track of stuff, mostly not a problem now, but sometimes I miss the work-around.
I do go through the leader draws and returns before I upload, so I pretty sure they are there. If they still don't appear, let me know exactly what you are loading for extensions.
04-28-2020, 05:29 AM,
Still not there below are my steps and what exactly is loaded. Only thing missing is German random leader deck and deck image.

Clear cache - No change
Complete reinstall of Vassal - No change
All extensions removed from both inactive and active, (nothing inactive) only 3 active now FOF French leaders, FOF German leader and FOF maps - No change

I did look at the build file and noticed German leaders were targeted for Uber version 2.3 instead of 2.4 like with the French leaders.

Mike