Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4th Edition DF chart - Opportunity Fire question
04-08-2020, 02:40 AM,
RE: 4th Edition DF chart - Opportunity Fire question
So if I am reading the responses correctly, these would be the modifiers for different circumstances for Direct Fire Opportunity Fire:
  • Op Fire (OF) vs. Standard personnel:  +1
  • OF vs. AT, AA, Mortar, Cav, etc:  +1 for target being an AT, AA etc unit only (do not apply above).  Also,  I don't think that deployed or limbered should matter:  The reason being that a deployed unit isn't moving so it is not considered opportunity fire and the target is still an AT or AA unit so the +1 should apply in either case.
  • Same for Artillery = +2 for either OF or regular DF but do not apply additional +1 from 1st bullet point.
  • No OF +1 modifier for AFV or APC units. (I assume this would include Self-propelled artillery with an armor factor since by definition, it would be considered and AFV unit and so would not fall under the second bullet?
Now that the discussion has started,  I guess the question is do Trucks and/or wagons (whether loaded or not) suffer the +1 Op Fire since they are not technically personnel units but Transport units?  Again this is  only direct fire OF as there is a specific modifier for Bombardment on loaded transports.  I think we have always applied it but now i don't think it should apply when following the letter of the rule.
treadasaurusrex likes this post

Messages In This Thread
RE: 4th Edition DF chart - Opportunity Fire question - by tlangston28 - 04-08-2020, 02:40 AM