Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
FEB: Brazilian Expeditionary Force
03-28-2020, 08:04 AM,
FEB: Brazilian Expeditionary Force
I won't say more but its in the works!
04-13-2020, 11:26 PM,
RE: FEB: Brazilian Expeditionary Force
This supplement is really shaping up and looks pretty thus far.
04-13-2020, 11:32 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-13-2020, 11:36 PM by plloyd1010.)
Jay, could you send me an OOB and leader list? I could probably get it into Vassal pretty quickly.

Background images for the units and leaders would be good too.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
04-15-2020, 05:02 AM,
Peter, I have to wait on Mike. He hasn’t even announced it yet. I still have a bit of work to do as well.
04-15-2020, 05:19 AM,
Did you ever read the The Little Red Hen?
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
04-15-2020, 02:13 PM,
OK:

hen living on a farm finds some wheat and decides to make bread with it. She asks the other farmyard animals for help planting it, but they refuse. The hen then harvests and mills the wheat into flour before baking it into bread; at each stage she again asks the animals for help and they refuse. Finally the hen has completed her task and asks who will help her eat the bread. This time the animals accept eagerly, but the hen rebuffs them stating that, just as she made the bread herself, she will eat the bread herself, and runs away with the bread.

Not sure what this has to do with it, but I promised Mike, nothing more than what I mentioned, until its time. So that is all I can give you now.
04-17-2020, 05:56 AM,
I wasn’t really thinking of designing to many more games but this one had been on my mind for years and since my wife is originally from Brazil, I owed it to both of us to design this game supplement
05-10-2020, 07:37 AM,
I was thinking more like. "Then I will do it myself!"

For you Vassal grads, I have uploaded a OOB-Ldr extension to play with. The counters are speculative, of course. I started working on this years ago. Then Jay made a post. Eventually I found an equipment list. Then Jay started this thread.

Since PG Über lets you create almost any match-up, let's see where the Brazilians go. At least until there are real counters and scenarios.
dxdavieau, treadasaurusrex, Shad like this post
05-11-2020, 02:39 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-11-2020, 11:23 PM by JayTownsend.)
(05-10-2020, 07:37 AM)plloyd1010 Wrote: I was thinking more like. "Then I will do it myself!"

For you Vassal grads, I have uploaded a OOB-Ldr extension to play with. The counters are speculative, of course. I started working on this years ago. Then Jay made a post. Eventually I found an equipment list. Then Jay started this thread.

Since PG Über lets you create almost any match-up, let's see where the Brazilians go. At least until there are real counters and scenarios.
Excellent Peter, I have all those except no 37mm AT gun just the 57mm AT gun and they are reorganized according to the US table of organization and equipment (TOE) and training at that time. They should also have the same values on the counters as the American Army units at this time period, as they have the same equipment. When they first arrived, maybe not but they were reequipped before they were put into the line.  You are only missing a few types of counters however. Who needs AP? If they ever go out of Business, I'll just have you prints up all my unpublished games.

Yeah I started and stopped this project over the last 10 years a few times but Brazil has my heart and since my wife is from there, I justified finishing this last year after Mike gave me the go ahead. Submitted this year! 

I doubt I every start a new project again. I have a lot of submitted ones to touch up if Mike requires it: The Fall of the Philippines 1941-42, Philippines Luzon 1945, Korean War: Intervention, Korean War: Allies, The Italian-Greek War 1940-41, Gela: Sicily 1943 and Sicily 1943. I believe Mike has his finger on a couple of these, that might see light of day before too long. 

I have some designs also submitted with another company and I play tested a few games for yet another company and advised for another, so I think I am done, at least for a while. Back to playing more games I hope.
goosebrown likes this post
05-12-2020, 12:05 AM,
Most of my information came from Wikipedia, World War 2.net, and the Osprey book. WW2.net gives the Brazilians 13 37mm cannons and 57 57mm guns, along with a bunch of bazookas and grenade launchers. That makes enough 37mm guns for 3 batteries. My guess falls along having 1 37mm and 2 57mm batteries in the regimental anti-tank company, and 1 57mm in the battalion anti-tank battery. No particular information to back that up, but it fits.

I thought about adding in the Brazilian P-47 squadron, but that is hard to fit into the Vassal scheme at this point.

I have a couple projects hanging out there too. Like you, the Italian-Greek War and Sicily battles. My Sicily project has a big Messina component, a PG version of the many Race to Messina campaigns done with miniatures. (I liked the campaign mechanism.) I also have the southern invasion of France and the Syrian Iraqi campaigns. All in various stages of languishing.
Greyfox likes this post