Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Watch for ZonedGrid error
03-24-2020, 11:30 PM,
Watch for ZonedGrid error
Occasionally Vassal seems to do weird things. This time it created a ZonedGrid entry for at least 2 extensions. The error will cause the extension to deactivate for the game when the extensions are loaded. It also prevents the extension from being loaded in the editor.

So far, the only released extension I have seen this in is the Airborne German leaders. That extension has been fixed. If you use it and Uber base v2.4, you should download the extension again.

Let me know of any other extensions found with this error. It is an easy, though rather manual, correction.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
03-24-2020, 11:39 PM,
RE: Watch for ZonedGrid error
Peter,

Is this a pop-up dialogue window, is it in the chat log, is it... ? How do we know if we've got that error?
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
03-25-2020, 12:07 AM,
The dialog window tells you which extensions are being loaded. Ones which fail with this (and probably other) error will say they are being deactivated. They are not deactivated in the extension list,just in that game.

I have checked a few extensions. I've only seen it in the German Airborne and German Fall of France leaders. The FaoF leaders are not surprising since I used the Airborne extension as a template for them.
Shad likes this post
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
03-28-2020, 08:22 AM,
The Italian leaders and German Leaders in Afrika Korps Sad
03-28-2020, 08:42 AM,
I'll check.
03-28-2020, 09:18 AM,
I got it when I tried to edit the 2nd GW in New Guinea 2p0.vmdx
03-29-2020, 02:27 AM,
German and Italian leaders from AfKo have been fixed and corrected versions uploaded.
2nd GW in New Guinea will be replaced with an OOB-Ldr extension for the 2GW  Imp Germany Seebataillon in the June update.
04-15-2020, 06:14 AM,
The Zonegrid error should be eradicated, with the exception of the German leaders for 2nd GW in New Guinea.
Back to the regular update schedule.