Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sinai-Palestine
03-23-2020, 04:15 AM,
Sinai-Palestine
Sinai-Palestine replaces the Lawrence of Arabia.

http://www.avalanchepress.com/LawrenceFirst.php
saracv3 likes this post
04-02-2020, 12:07 PM,
RE: Sinai-Palestine
Has Avalanche specified if people who pre-ordered Lawrence of Arabia can get a refund or a different game instead of Sinai-Palestine?
saracv3 likes this post
04-02-2020, 06:04 PM,
(04-02-2020, 12:07 PM)Hugmenot Wrote: Has Avalanche specified if people who pre-ordered Lawrence of Arabia can get a refund or a different game instead of Sinai-Palestine?
Not that I’m aware. I’ve got a preorder on Lawrence and I was seeing red until I sat down and really thought about it by studying their write up on Sinai, Palestine. Same price, 60 scenarios between the two, and the same amount of counters (880). I don’t understand why AP (Mike) does not have a customer responsibility. You the customer have to figure out what they. are doing when they could preorder customers a short note explaining their reasoning, instead of “it felt good.” They take money, you want to know when and what they are doing with it. We saw this in the Gates of Leningrad/Parachutes over Crete switchable. Still really no answer on Gates.

I’ll wager these two games will be pushed back even further and put a smaller, catchier game in front of it. There’s definitely a lot of my opinion coming out here. Dodgy
04-02-2020, 10:24 PM,
From The Gold Club Game Updates:
Quote:Lawrence of Arabia breaks the deadly $100 barrier ($119.99) so it’s splitting into two items: the boxed game Sinai-Palestine and the book The Arab Revolt. If you ordered Lawrence, you get Sinai-Palestine and The Arab Revolt at no additional charge.

Likewise, we shaved off part of Fall of Empires into the book Franz Josef’s Armies to bring the price down to $79.99. If you ordered Fall of Empires before we dropped the price, you’ll get Franz Josef’s Armies at no extra charge. We’ll honor the old company’s ancient (pre-2012) pre-orders for Fall of Empires, but those won’t include Franz Josef’s Armies.

Now remember: If you qualify for a free copy and go and order the books again, we’re going to assume that’s because you wanted two of them.
saracv3 likes this post
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
04-03-2020, 03:49 PM,
Assume- Bwahaha! My favorite word from AP.
04-05-2020, 03:12 AM,
Any hint as to when Fall of Empires and Sinai-Palestine might be published?
04-11-2020, 01:44 PM,
(04-02-2020, 10:24 PM)plloyd1010 Wrote: From The Gold Club Game Updates:
Quote:Lawrence of Arabia breaks the deadly $100 barrier ($119.99) so it’s splitting into two items: the boxed game Sinai-Palestine and the book The Arab Revolt. If you ordered Lawrence, you get Sinai-Palestine and The Arab Revolt at no additional charge.

Likewise, we shaved off part of Fall of Empires into the book Franz Josef’s Armies to bring the price down to $79.99. If you ordered Fall of Empires before we dropped the price, you’ll get Franz Josef’s Armies at no extra charge. We’ll honor the old company’s ancient (pre-2012) pre-orders for Fall of Empires, but those won’t include Franz Josef’s Armies.

Now remember: If you qualify for a free copy and go and order the books again, we’re going to assume that’s because you wanted two of them.

My concern is that I pre-ordered Infantry Attacks in 2010, when it was $99.00 and he split it offering Fall of Empires (FoE) for free to those who preordered.  I haven't paid for Fall, but he has since stated that those getting fall of Empires will get the Alpine Division, and Russian Guards Supplement as well.  
      I am right now thoroughly confused and am not sure If I will get any of this stuff at this point.  I do know that based on the above reading, if I do get that stuff, I will have to pay for Franz Josef's Armies, which is fine.  I think I will have made out like a bandit if any of the rest of this stuff comes in.
04-11-2020, 11:05 PM,
(04-11-2020, 01:44 PM)Greyfox Wrote:       My concern is that I pre-ordered Infantry Attacks in 2010, when it was $99.00 and he split it offering Fall of Empires (FoE) for free to those who preordered.  I haven't paid for Fall, but he has since stated that those getting fall of Empires will get the Alpine Division, and Russian Guards Supplement as well.  
      I am right now thoroughly confused and am not sure If I will get any of this stuff at this point.  I do know that based on the above reading, if I do get that stuff, I will have to pay for Franz Josef's Armies, which is fine.  I think I will have made out like a bandit if any of the rest of this stuff comes in.

I quite understand. Did you save the email with that offer in an archive somewhere? After the free Armata Romana thing, I found that is an important thing to do. Dr. Mike seems to forget some of his one-time offers. I keep an archive of all the Gold Club Insider emails now.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
04-13-2020, 05:37 PM,
(04-05-2020, 03:12 AM)Hugmenot Wrote: Any hint as to when Fall of Empires and Sinai-Palestine might be published?

Right after Gates of Leningrad! Big Grin

And so on and so on. We’ve got time. I don’t know about money though.