Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Errata for Sinister Forces "Armored" trains?
02-22-2020, 01:25 AM,
Errata for Sinister Forces "Armored" trains?
Good day all.  I have a question on the unarmored "armored" NKVD trains in the supplement Sinister Forces.  The two NKVD train counters do not have an armor value printed on the counter.  Which should I assume: 1.  They are indeed meant to be soft targets.  or 2.  Should they have a normal armor of 2 as do the armored trains in Eastern Front Deluxe?

I checked the scenario listing for Sinister Forces scenario #9 and it does not list any kind of errata for the train rules or counters.  I have asked this on the Facebook group also but is there any "official" officer that can sign off on an answer?
02-22-2020, 02:50 AM,
RE: Errata for Sinister Forces "Armored" trains?
None known. Assume they are soft, like trucks.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
02-22-2020, 03:08 AM,
(02-22-2020, 02:50 AM)plloyd1010 Wrote: None known. Assume they are soft, like trucks.

Unfortunately that's not what was determined/proposed/suggested in the Facebook discussion....
Matt Ward speculated it was a 2 (like other Armored Trains).....

and some research highlighted there seems to indicate they were "Armored"....

Pity--- the research suggested by Roger B. might be in order....

I'm leaning that if they call them Armored Trains...then, they are probably Armored.....a "2" would seem in line with 
both having armor--and a train being a much harder thing to stop with shot/shell, then a tank....lots of shots that would
not damage/destroy critical parts in a train.....me thinks
02-22-2020, 03:46 AM,
Matt is a PG developer. If Matt will declare, Matt is right. Otherwise it is all opinion, and the graphics to support mine.
cjsiam likes this post
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
02-22-2020, 04:12 AM,
Matt sez a 2 armor value.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/14th_Railw...ision_NKVD
cjsiam, Mmookk61, J6A And 2 others like this post
No "minor" country left behind...
02-22-2020, 04:19 AM,
It is now part of the library.
cjsiam and Shad like this post
02-22-2020, 07:56 AM,
Thank you all.  I can see both sides but if Matt was the developer I will go with armor = 2.