Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ILS Issue
02-13-2020, 04:54 AM,
ILS Issue
For Elsenborn Ridge, Scenario 20, the ILS wants to give the Germans OBSTBNFR.  They actually should have OSTFR.
02-13-2020, 08:58 AM,
RE: ILS Issue
(02-13-2020, 04:54 AM)J6A Wrote: For Elsenborn Ridge, Scenario 20, the ILS wants to give the Germans OBSTBNFR.  They actually should have OSTFR.

Hi Joshua, the ILS draws counters based on the OOB defined in the main Library for each scenario. In this case, our OOB does show an OBSTBNFR rather than an OSTFR. As I don't have that scenario book in front of me, I'd be grateful if you could double-check that scenario's entire OOB and then submit an Error/Omission report at the bottom or top right of the scenario page with the suggested change. Once the staff activate the change, the ILS will be automatically correct.

Thanks again!
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
02-13-2020, 09:29 AM,
Will do. I didn't know where to report the error so I chose here.
Shad likes this post
02-17-2020, 01:32 PM,
Working with Afrika 1944:

Germans mix didn’t come out right. Afrika 1944 can’t be plugged as a stand-alone,which someone tried. In fact, with such a supplement each scenario hast to be set because of the different games involved. I am playing Afrika 1944 #1. For the Germans, I set it to Army at Dawn and Afrika 1944. Both have German leaders.

I plugged in the Saipan 1944 Leader List for the American Marines. The scenario calls for Saipan 1944 counters to be used,but says nothing about the leaders. But the American Marines are used as the opposing force too the Germans. This works! (Came up n/a before)

The problem, and I’ll take a look at Spearhead eventually, is that we may have leader mixes from the same armies and same eras but different supplements that call for x game to be used with Y supplement, etc. So have the designer/developers thought things through themselves? Probably not. It’s up to us to us to tweak things. It’s not a problem. Question: How does one delineate two branches of the same army /same game?

Needed for the ILS (I surmise) is the list by number ID of the forces in PG because it would separate the Army from the Marines in Saipan.

Craig M