Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Color me confused
02-13-2020, 04:00 AM,
Color me confused
Okay, so I downloaded the base stuff, and in the Academy I said I'm advanced so I would just submit log files.  However, when I go to the Library, it won't let me download any of them.  Do I have to submit logs from the legacy files?

Thanks in advance.
02-13-2020, 04:10 AM,
RE: Color me confused
I presume you mean you downloaded these:
  • Panzer Grenadier Über Base Module
  • Minefields
  • PG Über User Guide
  • PG Über Counter Menu Reference
  • PG Über Mentoring Scenarios Document
  • PG Über Mentoring Extension
  • Logfile Creation & Uploading
Now you need to register with the academy for self-study. Once you do, you can submit logfiles for review. Remember only one file file upload per scenario. If you have multiple logfiles for a scenario, zip them, then upload the zipfile.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
02-13-2020, 04:14 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-13-2020, 04:15 AM by Shad.)
(02-13-2020, 04:00 AM)J6A Wrote: Okay, so I downloaded the base stuff, and in the Academy I said I'm advanced so I would just submit log files.  However, when I go to the Library, it won't let me download any of them.  Do I have to submit logs from the legacy files?

Thanks in advance.

Peter, Josh registered for Pathway 3 - Scenario Play.

From that pathway description: In order to receive credit, you will record two complete scenario plays of your choice from the existing standalone Vassal modules and submit the logfiles to the Academy for review and approval by our mentors.

So yes, Josh, you need to download a legacy module and submit logs for 2 full scenario plays from Airborne IE, Ethiopia, Elsen, or Kokoda.

If you want to just breeze through the learning scenarios that's ok too.

Hope that helps.
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
02-13-2020, 04:17 AM,
Drew - Perfect.  Thanks.  I'll get right on that.
02-13-2020, 04:19 AM,
Okay, I hadn't looked. Josh how do you want to do this? I can reset you and you may reregister using the pathway 2 option, or we can leave things alone and you play your scenarios with the legacy files.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
02-13-2020, 04:29 AM,
I'll just do a couple of quick scenarios.  I have the old stuff.
02-13-2020, 05:46 AM,
Josh, keep in mind that logfiles created on old modules may not play on the current versions. There were a couple of unit recreations along the way, particularly leaders and aircraft.
02-13-2020, 05:51 AM,
Yeah, I'm using v1.1 of the ER module.  If that gives you troubles to read, let me know.  I can always send a dump of the log file and screen shots.