Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Battle of the Bulge Question
08-20-2012, 01:41 AM,
Battle of the Bulge Question
Hey all,

I just received a copy of Battle of the Bulge from an online dist. and the copy I got included mounted boards, and a Second Edition version of the rules. I don't mind the rulebook as I have several third editions and the mounted boards are nice, however, I want to make sure that this copy that I got is the same as a "Third Edition"? Everything looks similar, except that the charts and turn record look a littel weird after getting newer, slip-case versions of the recent games.

Any thoughts?
08-20-2012, 02:06 AM,
RE: Battle of the Bulge Question
I believe it is, except for the item you noted. The easiest way to verify is to compare the name of the scenarios from the scenario book against the names in the database.

I probably bought my copy from the same distributor as mine also came with mounted boards and the 2nd edition of the rules.
08-20-2012, 02:51 AM,
(08-20-2012, 02:06 AM)Hugmenot Wrote: I believe it is, except for the item you noted. The easiest way to verify is to compare the name of the scenarios from the scenario book against the names in the database.

I probably bought my copy from the same distributor as mine also came with mounted boards and the 2nd edition of the rules.

Thanks, Daniel. I will check the scenarios.

Another thing that I caught - I just noticed after looking at everyting more closely, I received 2 #9 boards and no #12 board. I am going to check with the dist. The game did come without shrink-wrap so I was a little surprised. I have had contact with them before and they have been very responsive.

We'll see.

Thanks,

Tony
08-20-2012, 11:34 PM,
Keep in mind also that you can pick up a set of the stiff-board maps directly from AVP, in the Hills accessory pack, along with another copy of map 13 from Airborne.