Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Official rules errata?
01-16-2020, 11:33 AM,
Official rules errata?
I see multiple instances of rules question being answered by we have our own house rules for that. Is there anyplace has official rules errata, and rulings on rules that contain some ambiguity? I try to avoid house rulings because if you play someone online, you never know what rules they tend to use, so if not in the rulebook or official errata I do not use it.

Mike
01-16-2020, 12:00 PM,
RE: Official rules errata?
In function, no. The last official errata was back with the 2nd edition rules, perhaps early in the 3rd edition. The was a Q7A doc long ago, but I don't know where it can be found now. That was also 2nd/3rd editions.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
01-19-2020, 06:29 AM,
There is no official list of errata and clarifications.
01-19-2020, 07:26 PM,
(01-19-2020, 06:29 AM)Hugmenot Wrote: There is no official list of errata and clarifications.

Sounds like an opportunity for a Fan supported website....

something like
I. Clarifications and definitions -- things that are slightly unclear we all agree on
II. Adjudications on controversial rules --- with the "majority consensus" identified and minority perspectives presented
III. Rules that are modified in some house rules fashion --- treat like optional rules (I'm going to put FOW forced Demoralization here....)

some set of categories where we move from just clarifications to "ways people prefer to play" kinds of things.

And it would have to be period (WWII and it's PG games can have different interpretations then a Modern game might)
my $0.02....
cjSmile
ps... I'm in BangSaphan Prachuab Khiri Khan at end of vacation....extra points if you can find it