Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Vassel Alternative
01-10-2020, 12:40 PM,
Vassel Alternative
Hello everyone, Been lurking her awhile, now guess time to stop lurking. Has anyone used tabletop simulator to play PG on? I use it as cats and wargames do not really mix.

Attached is a screenshot of tabletop simulator with the 4e Demo scenario on it.

Mike

Attached Files Image(s)

01-10-2020, 01:12 PM,
RE: Vassel Alternative
I think Craig J used Steam a while back. I personally never liked the 3-D view simulators for boardgames. So long as it works out. Thumbs_up High_five
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
01-14-2020, 10:53 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-14-2020, 10:54 PM by Shad.)
That looks better than I expected. How fiddly is manipulating stacks of counters? Better or worse than in real life? And is there any sort of action tracking/replay feature like a Vassal logfile?
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
01-15-2020, 10:20 AM,
Counter manipulation is just as fiddly as in real life, (but you cant accidently knock over stacks). There is no log feature implemented. Setting up the game is TS is not difficult. I think it is easier than making a vassal module. But playstyle using TS is very close to real life including having to pick up the dice and actually role them.

Mike