Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When does a unit go "under" an entrenchment?
01-19-2020, 01:37 PM,
RE: When does a unit go "under" an entrenchment?
Might as well chime in here. I play that the entrenchment is part of the hex once you enter the hex you are under the entrenchment. These are 15 minute game turns. Should remember not to turn this game into another version of ASL. If you do someone will start asking for vehicular bypass,floor counters for multilevel buildings, and sewer movement rules . I like the simplicity of this game. There are many ways one can add 'chrome' to PG. All that does however, is gives the rules lawyers an opening.

Mike
Michael Murphy and cjsiam like this post
01-20-2020, 08:31 AM,
First Fire comes from rule 12.43 . Although not specifically stated, First Fire replaces Opportunity Fire in the Assault combat hex and occurs before the Assault procedure takes place. Opportunity Fire takes place in the hex immediately before enemy unit(s) go into the Assault hex.First Fire units do not receive any Direct Fire modifier in their shot.
01-21-2020, 03:27 AM,
First Fire is a kind of assault fire. It has nothing to do with opportunity fire or direct fire. The only difference between first fire and regular assault fire is that it's not simultaneous.

Obviously you can make your own house rule to use the direct fire table for first fire, but that is not how the rules are written.
01-22-2020, 07:01 PM,
(01-19-2020, 11:56 AM)joe_oppenheimer Wrote:
Quote:I used Direct Fire (First Fire) on the SA troops when they came ‘over the top.’ In contradistinction to the previously ineffectual adjacent DF which fell on the 16 column.

You don't get to opportunity fire on units as they move into an assault hex. "First Fire" is always assault fire.
I didn’t think I got OP Fire, I thought First Fire was resolved on theDF table. After rereading 12.43 I realized FF is resolved on the Assault table. I should say that it seems logical to resolve FF on the DF table and I gave a +2 shift to the shot, not a +3, which might happen in the hex before entrenchment hex.

I am not trying to be an annoying rules lawyer, but the PG rules forum seems like a good place to get these questions answered and observations discussed.I guess I should not have added a narrative into the discussion.

————
joe_oppenheimer likes this post