Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PG-HQ suggestion
12-25-2019, 04:25 AM,
PG-HQ suggestion
The AARs are a lot of fun...but the current mechanism to get quickly to a specific game eludes me...

You can't easily find the game on the strip (fire in the steppes for example) --- I think there are too many for too short a strip at this point...
and there is no drop-down for "specific game"...

I would think a dropdown to bring back, or take you to, just the game you are interested in would seem---really a good idea.

Merry Christmas elves of the site...thank you for all you do Smile
cjSmile
12-25-2019, 09:24 AM,
RE: PG-HQ suggestion
I mean, you can group them by game, and I agree that being able to pick a specific game would be nice.
12-28-2019, 11:30 AM,
I just looked at the strip in the "After Action Reports" section and hovered over various bars from blue to white.  It shows the game you have selected. I agree they are a little hard to see but they are in alphabetical order and if you click on the game such as WE for White Eagles it will take you to all the AARs for that game.  Now, if you are like me and don't have a lot of the games, I scratch my head at some of the acronyms but it still works pretty well.  Smile
12-29-2019, 12:46 AM,
I actually never noticed that. And its right there. That being said, it's not the easiest way, especially with games with just a few AARs.
12-30-2019, 12:53 AM,
These are reasonable criticisms. We had less games when that layout was created. It's hard to present a list of over 100 items without wrecking the page. Even putting them in a dropdown would be tedious given the size of the dropdown.

It's probably time to revisit that page to make listing game-specific AARs easier. Thank you for drawing it to my attention.
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...