Poll: Regarding resale of digital downloads...
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I would never sell one.
23.08%
3 23.08%
I would only sell if it was no longer available from AP.
0%
0 0%
I would only sell if AP no longer existed.
23.08%
3 23.08%
Rather than sell, I would make mine freely available if they were no longer purchasable from the publisher.
23.08%
3 23.08%
I bought it, it's mine, I can resell it as I please.
30.77%
4 30.77%
Total 13 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Second-hand PDFs
08-21-2012, 11:35 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-22-2012, 01:00 AM by larry marak.)
RE: Second-hand PDFs
You are certainly correct about the value of the PDF format. Steve Jackson Games has also been using PDF's for a while to publish supplements for GURPS and other games, as well as put out of print books back into print. The buyer pays for the download and printing, nobody pays shipping, and the publisher makes a profit on retailing the intellectual property. Carpathian Brigade and Orange Waters are perfect examples of this format. Printing and selling additional copies of the download would be theft.
08-24-2012, 04:33 AM,
(08-18-2012, 11:06 PM)Matt W Wrote: I have purchased the pdf version of WotE and then purchased the print version. Once I purchased the print version I feel completely justified in disposing of the pdf version. Heck, I bought the thing twice. I would not, however, sell it to more than one other person. That would feel very wrong.

I'm in this boat. I'd be happy to sell a PDF...then I'd delete it from my machine. If I had printed it out already, I'd only sell the print-out...well, actually, I'd probably sell the PDF and shred the print-out.
08-25-2012, 12:23 AM,
On a related side note. I am looking for the DYI Lehr division, DaK'44, and Polish Steel graphics. Not the full downloads, just the counter graphics. Either full sheets ot extracted PDF graphics. Has anyone got those?
08-25-2012, 04:38 AM,
(08-25-2012, 12:23 AM)plloyd1010 Wrote: On a related side note. I am looking for the DYI Lehr division, DaK'44, and Polish Steel graphics. Not the full downloads, just the counter graphics. Either full sheets ot extracted PDF graphics. Has anyone got those?

Peter, I don't believe Lehr was never made into a download.
08-25-2012, 05:01 AM,
It was a Divisional download, like the 1st Panzer, Moscow rifles, Ariete, and 36th Infantry divisions. Then it became a real counter option. Then it became the supplement.

Where do you think the supplement counters may have come from?Dodgy
08-25-2012, 05:22 AM,
(08-25-2012, 05:01 AM)plloyd1010 Wrote: It was a Divisional download, like the 1st Panzer, Moscow rifles, Ariete, and 36th Infantry divisions. Then it became a real counter option. Then it became the supplement.

Where do you think the supplement counters may have come from?Dodgy

I have all of those two, but I never remember a Lehr download. As for the current game I believe these are all new.
08-26-2012, 12:56 AM,
Lehr was advertised as a divisional download, with more than twice as many counters as the final mix in the published supplement. That was part of the trade off, pre-orderers got fewer mounted counters, but an entire scenario book and campaign game, in return for less than half as many counters. Since the download was never released, a lot of Lehr counters ended up in the virtual recycling bin.