Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not quite a website
10-09-2019, 01:31 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-11-2019, 12:10 AM by plloyd1010.)
Not quite a website
Long ago, I noticed that there is a website entry for our profiles. Like most people, I don't have a website. The option was probably Drew being overly thorough. It just always bugged me that the field was blank, and for me, probably always would be. Then Idea . Put my battles on a map!

Google allows you to import a spreadsheet and make a map out of it. You can mark points on your map to get longitude and latitude. Locations don't need to be exact and Google can't always find the place, but now you can take a virtual tour of you PG career. So far I have 150 views. I suspect at least 149 of those are my own just playing with the thing over the months since I first got the idea.
Schoenwulf, Shad, garbare83686 And 2 others like this post
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
10-09-2019, 02:49 AM,
RE: Not quite a website
That's kind of cool, especially after I figured out I could zoom in!
10-09-2019, 08:02 AM,
A great idea.....very cool!
10-09-2019, 09:21 AM,
Nice.
10-11-2019, 12:13 AM,
I am glad the idea is a bit of a hit. Along the way I have learned to import a spreadsheet into Google maps and to link custom icons to entries. Once the first list was done, 61 scenarios, an addition after that was quite easy.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking