Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A question for the gearheads...
08-17-2012, 04:01 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-17-2012, 04:02 PM by Shad.)
Smile  A question for the gearheads...
Were you given the power, which unit* would you add to PG's extant OOB and why would it be awesome to have?

(* - we're talking hardware** here, not formations)

(** - let's keep it historical! heh)
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
08-17-2012, 09:49 PM,
RE: A question for the gearheads...
PG is primarily an infantry game so the concept of additional hardware per se is tempting but I choose to look in another direction, more consistent with the base game.

Let's add those antitank dogs.

or

Special sniper units with capabilities against leaders.
No "minor" country left behind...
08-17-2012, 11:52 PM,
Hard to say, one big gun looks much another to me. Perhaps engineering vehicles. Hobart's funnies would make an interesting additions.
08-18-2012, 12:10 AM,
We'd get the most bang for the buck (in the European theatre of operations) by completing the airborne roster. British Parachute inf in all varieties (i.e. rifle, mg, morter) and for both the British and the Americans, glider forces. Gliders would be an airborne transport vehicle. There'd be rules for landing location, suriving landing, etc and passengers could include inf, jeeps, and small artillery. The addition of these units would open up Sicily, Anvil Dragoon, Normandy, Market Garden, and the invasion of Germany (can't recall what the operation was called, I'm 62 now and doddering. Two scenario supplements, Eagles and Pegasus, each with a laser-cut countersheet would do it.
08-18-2012, 12:49 AM,
Nukes!

I want to play a 1 turn scenario which VCs are simply "None, you lose."
08-18-2012, 01:09 AM,
Jagdtiger! Because it's the biggest. I do have homemade versions of it already but I want AP to include it in their mix.
08-18-2012, 01:51 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-18-2012, 01:55 AM by Poor Yorek.)
Don't know about "units," per se, but I would love to see a miscellaneous "real" counter sheet (rather than the do-it-yourself ones) with:

(i) Blue moved/fired markers;
(ii) violet disrupted markers (i.e. (i) and (ii) and as per the BB set) and perhaps some other distinguishing demoralized counters (so that there would be a distinct set of M/F; DIS; DEM for the "blue team" and the "red team");
(iii) OBA "counters" (I know folks have made some alternates);
(iv) destroyed armor counters in blue/violet and red (separate from "wrecks") simply to keep track of the location of armored step-losses in hexes where movement is not affected;
(v) SS colored (camouflage and black) transport (trucks/SPWs) or otherwise transport to match each of the major nations/branches;
(v) a few of the terrain markers (to denote terrain changes from the maps)

and

Winterized BB maps updated with ER artwork (so that BB/ER/WS form a coherent set).
08-18-2012, 06:27 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-18-2012, 06:32 AM by Bluebell88A.)
Some other German AFVs not yet released:
- Ferdinand/Elefant (coming with Kursk North?). How about an additional "+1" column shift when assaulting lone Ferdinands anywhere (no bow machine gun - Mein Gott!).
- Brummbar (Kursk North?) - the 15cm gun would be useful in providing direct fire support for an infantry assault.
- Sturmtiger (used in the Battle of the Bulge) - who wouldn't want to have a 38cm rocket launcher adapted from a Kriegsmarine depth charge launcher for softening up an enemy held town?!

Thinking of other ways to prepare for an assault, how about a German Goliath remote controlled tracked mine? Roll a 3 and it breaks down in the target hex without exploding. Roll a 2 and it returns to its starting hex. Roll a 1 and it explodes prematurely in its starting hex. Then there are the larger Springer and Borgward IV vehicles, the latter being reusable having dropped its mine and retreated to what the driver inside it considered to be a safe distance.

Tim
08-18-2012, 08:50 AM,
German Hummel SPA 150mm.
Hobart's funnies and engineering vehicles.
08-24-2012, 04:31 AM,
"Minutes" and "Hour" counters for the time track!

I'd like to see French Resistance counters, although I'm not sure how well they translate to PG scale.