Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Site standard suggestion
08-01-2019, 09:10 AM,
Site standard suggestion
SIR, you have created a remarkable thing here.
I abuse it endlessly to answer my ongoing frustrating ability to run into rules questions.

While going through the site---I noticed something ---particularly it was made clear in the
Mission page....

When are some of the static pages last updated?

IF a widget caching the update date--presenting it in the bottom left corner or in small font in the middle bottom...
then it would be easy to know if this page has perhaps been eclipsed (information gone out of date) by those who view it...
and to either volunteer to help fix, ask others about updates....etc.  the data may already exist in your web tool support site, and
thus be available as a variable that could populate a widget....

Clearly, with so much information in the site, keeping things up-to-date will always be an issue.
this might help people to help address, or bring it to attention of those who can help address.

thank you for all you do!
Sir!
08-06-2019, 10:35 AM,
RE: Site standard suggestion
(08-01-2019, 09:10 AM)cjsiam Wrote: When are some of the static pages last updated?

We actually have very few static pages. Everything in the Library is scratch-built from current data when you click a link.

Off the top of my head, the only things that don't refresh on load are:
  • Mission
  • Support (monthly)
  • Library category header blurbs
Everything else is as new as it can be.

That's not to say it's been edited recently, though. Most of the scenario data is input once and then never touched again unless someone finds errata.
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...