Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slovakia's War and Afrika 1944
07-27-2019, 01:23 AM,
Slovakia's War and Afrika 1944
Has anyone gotten these yet?
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
07-27-2019, 02:15 AM,
RE: Slovakia's War and Afrika 1944
I have Slovakia's War. Do you need any details or data or anything?

I am supposed to get a FREE Copy of Afrika 1944 for spending way too much money on way too many Pre-Orders but have not gotten a shipping notice.
I do not see that anyone on CSW has updates on Afrika 1944 either.

APL Site still says:
Click right here to order Afrika 1944 right now.
Please allow an additional two weeks for delivery.

It used to say 4 weeks...

Not sure this helps -
"...I Spent Half My Money on Wargames - Women and Whiskey - The Other Half I Wasted..."
07-27-2019, 02:25 AM,
(07-27-2019, 02:15 AM)Dan Storm Wrote: I have Slovakia's War. Do you need any details or data or anything?

I am supposed to get a FREE Copy of Afrika 1944 for spending way too much money on way too many Pre-Orders but have not gotten a shipping notice.
I do not see that anyone on CSW has updates on Afrika 1944 either.

APL Site still says:
Click right here to order Afrika 1944 right now.
Please allow an additional two weeks for delivery.

It used to say 4 weeks...

Not sure this helps -

I noticed that the games were not in the library yet, so I am fishing for data. Unless Robin has order them, you may be the source. We can continue this offline or via PM.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
07-29-2019, 11:38 AM,
Shoot me an e-mail or PM or Text and let me know what you need sir!
"...I Spent Half My Money on Wargames - Women and Whiskey - The Other Half I Wasted..."
08-04-2019, 08:52 AM,
Afrika 1944 is a brilliant reconfiguring of the old DAK 44 supplement.  A Long War module, like the Fall of France 1942, it covers the American's first offensive in the Atlantic theatre of operations.  The late 44 Marine amphibious assault on the Axis forward base in the Canary Islands.
08-06-2019, 04:08 AM,
I think I did most of the development for 1942: Defense of France. But not the Battle Games, I never did any.

You might be surprised that 16-20 hours is the most time I have spent to test a single scenario and 1942: Defense of France includes at least 5 such scenarios. Scenarios with 30+ turns and 200+ units are next to impossible to balance properly in development: there are just too many options! I've played the first few turns using different options to see if a strategy is too strong and then played the scenario far enough (and sometime to the end) to determine what are reasonable victory conditions.

Small scenarios are much easier to test! For example, the one with the free kit was tested at least 5 times.

I do like the large scenarios better than the smaller ones because, for the most part, they're not as tactical. They feel more a clash of ideas (plans?) than tactical.

Tiny scenarios, less than 30 pieces, feel like puzzles to me. I do understand their appeal and enjoy them in the right mood.
08-09-2019, 02:51 AM,
Sounds like AFRIKA 1944 will be an epic Hurrah for the PG system. Requires up to 12 mapboards, counters from the Pacific, North African, and Russian theatres. Includes the classic DAK 44 counter sheet, plus 42 additional counters.