Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transporting Disrupted Units
08-15-2012, 09:03 PM,
Transporting Disrupted Units
Came up last night between Tony and I as we played SotM.

There was a DIS unit in a hex with a GO ACW. And it boarded the Good Order ACW to be transported. I don't think thats ever come up in a scenario I've played before. Usually, they are on board and the transport disrupts forcing the 'load' off in the same morale condition.

For whatever reason, I was under the impression that DIS units can not board transports or be transported (seemingly I think I was getting it confused with enforced disembarking when a transport is DIS).

Other than the rule that a DIS unit can not move more than 1 hex a turn, I couldn't see a rule to stop DIS units loading on a transport and being transported the full transport distance.

All in all, if its one I have missed, then I have learnt a new rule. Or did I miss the prohibition somewhere in the 16 pages ?

Over to you guys.
08-15-2012, 10:14 PM,
RE: Transporting Disrupted Units
Vince, yes there is nothing in the rules, but there is a clarification in annotated rules on the site there is a clarification regarding this.
08-15-2012, 10:46 PM,
We sat for a few minutes puzzling over the rules and looking all over the place and just when we thought we found it, it always related to transport morale, not the transported unit.

I have not had a chance to read the annotated rule yet, but it does sound like a gamey thing to do (DIS unit moves only 1 but suddenly on a transport he can move 6?).
08-15-2012, 11:15 PM,
(08-15-2012, 10:14 PM)campsawyer Wrote: Vince, yes there is nothing in the rules, but there is a clarification in annotated rules on the site there is a clarification regarding this.

Cheers,

I knew I'd seen it somewhere, but didn't think to check the annotated rules mid-game. Must have been bemused as to why I coudn't find it.

Wasn't a deal-breaker as it recovered a turn after and would probably be one move behind where it is now.

Thanks anyway.