Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DYI Counters
08-28-2012, 01:26 PM,
RE: DYI Counters
Okay is not PnP stand for Print and Play? If so then you have to make them no?

So confused there are digital downloads and PnP, but are they not the same thing, or do I need to read the fine print?

Newbie asks dumb question, btw, how do I add a avatar?
08-28-2012, 01:54 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-28-2012, 01:54 PM by Shad.)
(08-28-2012, 01:26 PM)zovs Wrote: Okay is not PnP stand for Print and Play? If so then you have to make them no?

So confused there are digital downloads and PnP, but are they not the same thing, or do I need to read the fine print?

In the PG-HQ Library we tell you the format for the game. For example, War on the Equator:

Game Type: Expansion, Bound / PDF
Counters Included: 164, Laser-cut / DIY

This means the following:
  1. it is not a standalone product, rather it has prerequisites
  2. it is issued as a PDF download or bound printout
  3. it comes with 164 counters
  4. the counters are available in two formats, laser-cut or as a PDF sheet that you must print and assemble yourself

Quote:Newbie asks dumb question, btw, how do I add a avatar?

In the upper left of your screen there is a link called User CP. Click that and on the following screen look to the left menu bar. There is a section called Your Profile containing a link for Change Avatar. The rest you can probably handle. Smile
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
08-28-2012, 02:08 PM,
Welcome!

PnP usually refers to complete Print-and-Play games, at least in my experience.

The counters in my initial posts I assembled from the War on the Equator digital download supplement. This supplement is not a complete game as it requires the boards from Eastern Front Deluxe and Road to Berlin, two box games, to play the scenarios.

You can download a free PnP of PG at http://www.avalanchepress.com/PlayPG.php It contains everything you will need to play 2 scenarios (lots of assembly required).

Another option is to check eBay a couple times a week as you can sometimes find unpunched box games at very reasonable prices. I suggest a Eastern or Western Front game as a first purchase.
08-29-2012, 01:17 PM,
Okay thanks fellows on the PnP. I now understand it to mean Print on Demand, which means you get actual counters or what not.

Thanks for the link Hugmenot, I have download everything free I could find on PzG last weekend.

This system really seems to scream out for VASSAL support much like ASL.

One of the biggest detractors for me in the past has been APL stanch anti-support of any virtual gaming at all from them and I think this has and will always hurt their sales.

All one really has to do is look at the ASL and MMP model to see how silly such a stance is.

Of course opinions we all own and use to various functions.

I found both boxed East Front game for 42 and am thinking of ordering both unless APL does some special Labor day sale this weekend.
08-29-2012, 10:45 PM,
I also would suggest option #2, mostly because it will give you a mix of early and late war (the desert games are all early war), and there are a lot of supplements that use the two eastern front games if you want to branch out.
10-02-2012, 01:32 PM,
I started assembling a few counters for a friend. I am about halfway done as you can see from the attached picture.

All 583 counters from Grossdeutschland 1946 and Waltzing Matilda.

Attached Files Image(s)

10-06-2012, 03:29 AM,
Does anyone know the exact background colors used for the counters? For example, German Heer is RGB(192,192,192) - it's not as far as I know, I just wanted to make sure you guys understood my request.

I will design my own 1-sided leader counters with easier to read titles and numbers and knowing the RGB values would save me me time.

Why 1-sided? Because I have dropped a leader on more than 1 occasion...
10-06-2012, 04:09 AM,
Did anyone ever tell you to be careful wish for?

Australian Army #c3b489
British Army #ddd5be
British Royal Air Force #c28d63
Canadian Army #dacfa2
Indian Army #eee8d0
New Zealand Army #c3b48b
South African Army #c3b48b
French Army #aed7f3
Polish Army #ffffff
Soviet RKKA #a1b599
Soviet Air Force #9e252a
Soviet Partisans #bfcbbf
U.S. Army #828e4e
U.S. Air Force #798732
U.S. Navy #96b8d3
Finnish Army #5dcae9
German Army #a5b3b3
German Mountain Troops #bac3c0
German Air Force #bdd4da
German SA #b99e6f
Hungarian Royal Army #749e90
Italian Army,Desert Scheme #ebb122
Italian Army,Eastern Front Scheme #bfd9cc
Italian Air Force #da7711
Italian Colonial Forces #d29a21
Italian Navy #bfd6cc
Japanese Army #ba8418
Japanese Navy #01aef0
Romanian Royal Army #f0da6d
Romanian Air Force #fae49d
Slovak Army #c4cecd
Spanish Blue Division #b0e2fd
Austrian Army #cbcbcd
Austrian Heimwehr #dfdfdf
Austrian Schutzbund #a1b599
Ecuadorian Army #f0e653
Peruvian Army #dbd3a5
Peruvian Air Force #ece4c6
Peruvian Navy #c5a16f
Lithuanian Army #dceab9
Lithuanian Defense Force #d6dbdf
Bulgarian Army #cec57f
Turkish Army #a7a920
Soviets Guards #618f60

The colors in in gif index-hex.
10-06-2012, 04:41 AM,
Thank you very much for the quick response!
10-06-2012, 04:53 AM,
I have it in a color file that I have accumulated in OpenOffice. I comes in handy sometimes.