Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Additional Developer
05-06-2019, 01:25 AM,
Additional Developer
Mike/Avalanche Press could use an additional PG Developer if anybody is interested? Contact him by email.
05-07-2019, 01:02 AM,
RE: Additional Developer
I queried. Haven't heard anything yet.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
05-07-2019, 01:13 AM,
Where did you see that?

I am hoping to finish what may be my last project for AvP in June. I will then take a few months off to play games and then decide if I want to help with Philippe's next game.

My break will be from all playtesting and development work, not just from PG.
05-08-2019, 04:11 AM,
Personal conversation.
05-08-2019, 04:41 AM,
Maybe Mike was making a subtle hint for you to volunteer your services, Jay!
05-08-2019, 06:49 AM,
No, no, no! Lol

He has enough of my designs to process.
05-08-2019, 08:20 AM,
They might be processed sooner if you developed the other games ahead of them in the queue.
05-08-2019, 11:57 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-08-2019, 11:58 AM by Dan Storm.)
Saturday May 4th Newsletter he was talking about all the goals he has for the next 12 - 18 months:

"............Panzer Grenadier: The Developing
Meeting all of those goals is going to be really tough without some additional development help for this game series. I can do it myself (and already am for Gates of Leningrad), but that option’s going to slow down everything listed up above, which is an outcome no one reading this wants to hear. We really need to establish at least two more development teams to assure that all of the wonderful games we want to publish (and they are wonderful) get the attention they deserve.
The developer’s job involves meaningless pay, really hard work and a near-total lack of recognition. Avalanche Press is unlike some other wargame publishers – the developer, not the designer, has the final say in what gets published. We’re not going to stick you, the player/customer, with half-assed crap just to stroke someone’s ego. We’ve been there and done that and shoveled thousands of pretty blue playing cards into the dumpster. Never again. That makes the developer slot a heavy responsibility, and like as not you’ll never get any praise for it, only blame....

Masochists needed. Write to mike(at)avalanchepress.com..."
"...I Spent Half My Money on Wargames - Women and Whiskey - The Other Half I Wasted..."
05-08-2019, 01:11 PM,
Already did. No word yet. Exchanged a couple emails with Matt too, just to scope situation.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
05-08-2019, 03:45 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-08-2019, 03:46 PM by otto.)
We’re not going to stick you, the player/customer, with half-assed crap just to stroke someone’s ego.

...and you, designer that submits the game I love you too !

Just kidding. :-) I know he didn't mean that.