Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[KurS] Kursk: All the wait, but little plays
08-11-2012, 08:35 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-15-2012, 08:30 PM by Shad.)
[KurS] Kursk: All the wait, but little plays
As I was flipping through some of the latest AAR's, I noticed that there has not been that many plays recorded on PG-HQ for this long awaited game. I would have expected more plays based on the hub-bub about having to wait 3 years for the game, but I only see 25 recorded plays and of them only 10 unique players. So I am curious why? Have you not received your copy yet? Are you FtF only? Not interested after seeing what it is all about?
08-11-2012, 08:59 AM,
RE: Kursk: All the wait, but little plays
Summer

Holidays (vacations)

Olympics

Outdoor life v Indoors during Summer

Other PG commitments.

You are a good case in point. When did we last get together.... quite a while for us RELATIVELY speaking.
08-11-2012, 09:41 AM,
You can always pick one of the scenarios for our next game, Alan.

I want to finish Panzer Lion - and be the first to get that ribbon - before I tackle other Germans vs Soviets scenarios solo.
08-11-2012, 10:07 AM,
(08-11-2012, 08:59 AM)vince hughes Wrote: Summer

Holidays (vacations)

Olympics

Outdoor life v Indoors during Summer

Other PG commitments.

You are a good case in point. When did we last get together.... quite a while for us RELATIVELY speaking.

I know what is going on with you. Single handily bringing Team GB back up in the medal count. But I am wondering about others.
08-11-2012, 10:08 AM,
(08-11-2012, 09:41 AM)Hugmenot Wrote: You can always pick one of the scenarios for our next game, Alan.

I want to finish Panzer Lion - and be the first to get that ribbon - before I tackle other Germans vs Soviets scenarios solo.

Fair enough, there are many that rate as a Skype game
08-11-2012, 10:18 AM,
I'm pretty sure Peter hasn't received his yet. Robin just got his.
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
08-12-2012, 01:00 AM,
I just got mine last week and am in the midst of playing a Black SS scenario (solo).

After that one is done (forgot that lots of counters really slows the game down) I was going to start playing the low counter density scenarios.

Thanks to the search functionality of this site I just enter in the games in my collection, indicate only scenarios I haven't played yet, hit search and sort by number of counters. I printed off the first page of the results and will probably breeze through those. I did notice at least one Kursk one on there.
08-12-2012, 02:28 AM,
I got caught up in a couple of campaigns and need to finish those before starting KSF. Plus lots of travel means no large scenarios...
No "minor" country left behind...
08-12-2012, 08:10 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-12-2012, 08:14 AM by larry marak.)
You know, its just possible that the industrial rate of new scenario books projected by Avalanche may have made boxed games less in demand. A rate of one new PG book per month 20 scenariones and a campaign game per book, may disappate our attention.

As for me, having finally assembled spares of almost all of maps required, and nearly all the 759 unit counters called for in the book, I'm deep in Tank Battles. The last two scenarios, portraying opening stages of the war between Germany and the Italo-Fascist Austro-Fascist alliance in 1938. Some of the Beast"s games have help me immensely in creating my own boxed set for this module.

My next "boxed" module project will be the Rumanian rhapsody books, but I'm slowing down on this as deep throat has indicated to me that something extra-nice is being considered for this arena down the road.
08-12-2012, 08:38 AM,
Larry,

Given my avatar and motto, I must say I am intrigued by that comment. I also know that MB has hinted at something along those lines in the past.
No "minor" country left behind...