Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
No hard feelings...
06-05-2012, 01:01 AM,
No hard feelings...
I do not post frequently on CSW regarding PG – I promised Mike I would not air my grievances there. I would just add that I am glad AP seemed to have pulled through and wish them the best of luck for the future – despite never being paid for any of my work (although I did receive a couple of copies of Cassino in the end).

PG is a fine game and although like others I would quite like to see a fourth edition rulebook the current game is stable and mature.

Well done Mike for pulling through some very tough times and no hard feelings.
06-05-2012, 12:27 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-05-2012, 12:29 PM by larry marak.)
RE: No hard feelings...
I'm glad you did finally receive something for your excellent service to all of us. Quite a few designers have been left in the lurch over projects completed but infinitely delayed in publication. Hopefully this will improve as a regular publication schedual gets going at Avalanche. I have enjoyed your scenarios and complimented their historicity on another thread here.
06-05-2012, 07:13 PM,
Hi Larry - thanks for the kind words on Cassino. I have no issues with projects being delayed by unexpected problems- that is just the way the publication industry works. The issue I had with AP is that the game was published, AP made money from it, but failed to honor their contract with me - effectively my work has been stolen - that is what leaves a slightly sour taste.

Anyway this is all old news, time to move on and I genuinely wish AP the best of luck for the future.
06-05-2012, 07:23 PM,
(06-05-2012, 07:13 PM)Trotsky Wrote: ... that is what leaves a slightly sour taste.

You have the restraint of a Buddha! Sad
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
06-06-2012, 03:18 AM,
If AP gets financially healthy again, hopefully they will make it up to you. I know how tough it is to be in a position where you're robbing Peter to pay Paul, but still expect more out of Peter. Its no fun, and it leaves a mark on the robber as much as it does Peter (Paul seems to make out pretty well in this deal). I'd love to see K:SF, 1866 and the other new games coming down the line do well so AP can breathe again, and then hopefully you get handled.
06-13-2012, 02:05 PM,
I would also like to see David get paid, but given how much money AP still owes me a year and a half after I left them because they weren't paying me, I don't hold out much hope. My patience was also that of a Buddha, but even Bodhisattvas have their limits and I hit mine several times before finally passing beyond it and saying the hell with it. Nevertheless, I am also happy that AP somehow got through over a year with no new boxed games released, and I'm also happy that KSF is out now since I'd like to see the final product of my work on my gaming table someday. We'll see how long that takes.
06-13-2012, 11:33 PM,
Welcome to this community, and if it doesn't belittle our veterans, I'd like to thank you for your service.
06-14-2012, 12:23 AM,
Hey Doug, great to see you here. How goes the new business? I hear your boss is tough! Smile
06-14-2012, 12:52 AM,
Thanks Larry and J6. Business is hopping, and it's really nice to receive more than just the satisfaction of a job well done in compensation for my services . . .

The boss is definitely THE BOSS, but she's also a gamer and therefore has no problem with me taking gaming breaks as long as I hit my deadlines. Now I've just got to get her into PG. C&C might be the vehicle for that since we've done a lot of roleplaying together. As a wargamer, she tends to like strategic-level games (we've played a lot of card-driven games like Paths of Glory), so getting her interested in tactical-level gaming will be the only challenge.
06-14-2012, 02:20 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-14-2012, 02:20 AM by larry marak.)
Hopefully down the line, and that means realllly down the line as KSF is being completed at a prohibitively expensive cutting method in order to get SOMETHING in print, and true profitability is probably years away you and at least 3 others I know of will get some financial compensation. It is easy to see the other side of the coin in this sorry situation (this dissolution of the initial partnership, the warehouse lease fiasco, mortgaging the house to keep afloat and putting the family's future at risk etc),
but it doesn't make the situation any less unfair the designers and employees who had to work on faith.......