Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SK 7/2: Armor Efficient? (FoF)
08-10-2012, 05:45 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-10-2012, 05:46 AM by Poor Yorek.)
RE: SK 7/2: Armor Efficient? (FoF)
I think the real key is the identity as or not as an AFV. If an AFV, then a "tank" leader activates it (3.3). For example, a Wespe is an SPA unit, but it is an AFV and is thus activated by "tank" leaders and is efficient (being German).

Since the SK 7/2 does not have a printed armor value, by the book it cannot be an AFV; cannot be efficient as per 11.2; and, presumably is then activated by regular leaders, not by "tank" leaders. (as an aside, I really wish APL would have referred to the latter as AFV leaders to avoid ambiguity).

I was just wondering whether this particular unit might have "slipped through the cracks." We - TheDoctor and I - began to discuss why the armor value determined the AT fire efficiency status (or, put another way, why are not AT guns efficient). The best we could rationalize is that the crew of such a weakly protected weapon (not "armored" whether closed or open-topped) would have to be worried about self-preservation (ducking) sufficiently to impair the fire rate.

Messages In This Thread
SK 7/2: Armor Efficient? (FoF) - by Poor Yorek - 08-10-2012, 01:24 AM
RE: SK 7/2: Armor Efficient? (FoF) - by Poor Yorek - 08-10-2012, 05:45 AM