Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Parachutes over Crete
12-22-2018, 01:33 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-23-2018, 04:14 AM by Shad.)
Parachutes over Crete
CSW post

I went ahead and ordered Parachutes over Crete, as an early Gold Club order and I had a store discount for another product paid for but cancelled, so a good deal and Christmas Present to myself, even if it does a take a year to receive.

I was going to order more PG until AP caught up with production but since I received AOI to night I say why not and it uses the same paradrop rules from Nihon Silk and Counter=Attack which I really like, so this should be an interesting game and something different.

Owning Both Kursk games, Broken Axis & Fire in the Steppe, gives me enough PG Eastern Front games to hold off on Leningrad for now.
12-22-2018, 01:55 PM,
RE: Parachutes over Crete
I was thinking along the same lines. Waiting until after payday to order a copy for myself along with the next Golden Journal. Am excited to include the Greek Army into my collection.
12-23-2018, 12:54 AM,
Yeah, I wish AP would publish my design on the Greco-Italian War.
12-23-2018, 03:49 AM,
That is the one ai really am looking forward to.... I have had the book Hollow Legions for years. I have to reread it because I never finished it. It would be good to read about it from the Greek POV.
12-28-2018, 09:33 AM,
Just ordered along with Golden Journal number 27.
12-28-2018, 10:26 AM,
Ditto, and Mike P's Gates of Leningrad
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
12-28-2018, 11:46 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-28-2018, 11:46 AM by JayTownsend.)
Parachutes over Crete has a lot of interest for me, especially if they have a few scenarios with actual paradrops like Nihon Silk and Counter-Attack.

I always hated when games like Airborne never had any paradrops or games like Invasion didn't have actual amphibious landings.

Leningrad at this point doesn't perk my interest, as I already own a lot of PG Eastern Front games like, Kursk: Burning Tigers, Kursk: South Flank, Broken Axis & Fire In The Steppe.

Crete sounds great! I wonder how the maps will be? 
12-29-2018, 12:16 AM,
Wife now has us on a budget post Christmas. I had to choose one or the other and I chose Crete. It was the last major airborne operation the German’s eve conducted, which was largely due to the losses they incurred. That in and of itself makes it fascinating. Big what if coming from this is would have they invaded Malta has operations in Crete gone better? If Malta fell that could have changed the dynamics of the fight in North Africa.