Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
La Campagne de Tunisie gripe
11-27-2018, 12:15 AM,
La Campagne de Tunisie gripe
I don't want to be that guy that complains all the time but this really pissed me off today.

"La Campagne de Tunisie is a supplement for Panzer Grenadier: An Army at Dawn. It is not a complete game: ownership of An Army at Dawn and Conquest of Ethiopia (and only An Army at Dawn and Conquest of Ethiopia) is necessary to play all of the 12 scenarios included. "

If I need to own an additional boxed game then this is not just an expansion for 'An Army at Dawn'. There are quite a few expansions for this series that I would love to get but almost every time I look at them they require a multiple of additional games. 
11-27-2018, 12:38 AM,
RE: La Campagne de Tunisie gripe
That's what the website says. I hope APL isn't falling into the practice of the 3rd Ed supplements.

There isn't anything needed beyond the maps. Which brings us to the long promised spare parts thing.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
11-27-2018, 08:31 AM,
(11-27-2018, 12:15 AM)pixelgeek Wrote: I don't want to be that guy that complains all the time but this really pissed me off today.

"La Campagne de Tunisie is a supplement for Panzer Grenadier: An Army at Dawn. It is not a complete game: ownership of An Army at Dawn and Conquest of Ethiopia (and only An Army at Dawn and Conquest of Ethiopia) is necessary to play all of the 12 scenarios included. "

If I need to own an additional boxed game then this is not just an expansion for 'An Army at Dawn'. There are quite a few expansions for this series that I would love to get but almost every time I look at them they require a multiple of additional games. 

They should have make it clear right from the start ; I kept telling it... Conquest of Ethiopia maps are too good to be used in just one game (well, even two now...) and they fit so well to the actual Tunisian landscape. I’m quite happy with the scenarios, too. Selling parts separately might be a good solution, indeed.
11-29-2018, 01:54 PM,
They are used in Africa Orientale Italiano which is currently being printed.
No "minor" country left behind...
11-29-2018, 10:05 PM,
Specifically LCDT uses boards from COOE/AOI in 7 scenarios. My copy is the first release, so I don't know of any differences in the newer release.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
11-30-2018, 08:19 AM,
(11-29-2018, 10:05 PM)plloyd1010 Wrote: Specifically LCDT uses boards from COOE/AOI in 7 scenarios. My copy is the first release, so I don't know of any differences in the newer release.

Mike seems to have confirmed that it still uses the COOE/AOI maps