Poll: Is the Panzer Grenadier Series Dying?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
1. No I think the series is doing great!
27.91%
12 27.91%
2. Yes, because Avalanche Press are now offering new games with the same components from older games.
18.60%
8 18.60%
3. Yes, because Avalanche Press takes my preorder money and holds it for years before they give me the game.
13.95%
6 13.95%
4. Yes, because Avalanche Press take too long in releasing new PG games.
13.95%
6 13.95%
5. Yes, because of the price is too high.
11.63%
5 11.63%
6. Yes, because of the subjects/topics.
0%
0 0%
7. Yes, because too many promised games never happened.
11.63%
5 11.63%
8. Yes, because of other reasons! Please comment on what they are if you would?
2.33%
1 2.33%
Total 43 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is the Panzer Grenadier Series Dying?
10-12-2018, 04:08 AM,
RE: Is the Panzer Grenadier Series Dying?
I don't disagree with anything that Matt or Ottavio have said, what seems to missing is how to get the buying populace interested. Often in BGG forums, I have suggested looking at PG when it comes to WW2 grand tactical. The usual response from those who looked at the series and didn't buy, or bought a game and then sold off, has been customer service is tedious and lack of Vassal/online support. Don Greenwood or Frank Chadwick, some such (I don't remember which), said that they believed half of the players of a given game, didn't own the game. APL seems to have issue with that model. I think that is why online gaming is so poorly supported. I don't know if it is too late, but if Mike woke up tomorrow deciding to endorse Vassal play, but keep scenario support in the company, I think there would be a healthy bump.

I do like the like the obscure scenario track that APL has taken. I've fought over Stalingrad for ages, but hadn't heard much about the Mars offensive until Tank Battles. The fact that the new expansions are limited to needing the support of only one boxed game is good.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking