Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Golden Journal May Day 2017: Intervention 1967, scenario #1: Negev Encounter
09-22-2018, 07:13 AM,

I had to get some playing time with these Soviet counters and scenarios for this addition/supplement for PG Modern Series and they look like fun.

One errata, the Soviets enter from the north edge of the map not the south.

The Israelis entered from the south and the Soviets from the north. Both sides get points for eliminated steps with tank steps counting double but the Soviets also get points for exiting steps off the south edge of the map and have 15 turns to try.

The Israelis are more mobile with M3 halftracks to get their Infantry units further north and manage to take the main hill in the middle first and both flanks, forcing the Soviets to attack. The Soviets ASU85 have very weak armor and take enough loses that the Soviets must try to exit units south to have any chance to win and attack at the same time. The Israeli M3 are nice to add to their Infantry stack to get higher Direct Fire results but also have a very weak armor, even the M51s have only a 4 armor protection and both sides have nice Infantry AT weapons and heavy weapon with AT values that can easily deal with the armor on either side of the line. Both sides take a beating but the Soviets get the worst of it and cannot break through Israeli lines and get no points for exited unit. The Israelis lose 14 points/steps but the Soviets lose 22 points/steps for a Minor Israeli Victory.

I look forward to playing scenario two someday and see if the by adding and extra map and Syrians to assist the Soviets if this will help but I want to save this scenario for another day, as it looks really interesting!