Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The New New PG book
08-04-2012, 02:39 AM,
The New New PG book
Now that the new book (Patton's Nightmare) is shipping and support for it is up on the website, word is out that the next new book will be available for pre-order to GCI inmates by this afternoon. Curiousity strikes.Cool
08-04-2012, 03:15 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-04-2012, 03:20 AM by larry marak.)
RE: The New New PG book
What more can I say, nothing, but I've ordered all 3 new titles.Cool No, not all are PG.
08-04-2012, 04:11 AM,
Somewhat off topic, or maybe not. If you had to recommend one title from the GWAS or SWWAS series to a PG fan, which title would it be and why? Please put a heavy emphasis on solitaire play as I play at least 80% of my games solitaire.

I am thinking about picking up one of the "at Sea" games this Fall, along with Infantry Attacks: August 1914. I already picked up 1866: Frontier Battles and started reading the rulebook. It will be on my table as soon as I finish the Panzer Lion campaign.
08-04-2012, 06:03 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-04-2012, 07:49 AM by larry marak.)
Hugomont, first of all, are you a gold club member? If not, joining would give you two modules for Infantry attacks and a complete GWAS game, all print and play format (and somewhere down the road Mike wants to make a printed version of Spain possible). That way you'd have one of the most complained about problems solved, GC members have the rules for GWAS included in the downloads, so you will have extra copies of the core rules available.

If you just want to get your feet wet, and aren't seeking historical battles, get Pacific Crossroads, most scenarios for a small investment.

If you want the most replay value, and don't need historicity, then get U.S. Navy Plan Gold. The map is used in many additional supplements, including Black Waters and the soon to be released Confederate Navy.

For historical battles, go with Strike South SWWAS, Mediterranean for GWAS (keep in mind CG makes them cheaper, and the CG discount is usually IN ADDITION to any short term sale.Wink
08-04-2012, 11:55 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-05-2012, 01:16 AM by larry marak.)
It took just a few hours for Mike to go public. Pink Panzers for everyone! Indian Unity is one of the most unique expansions ever produced and will cause a lot of us to put our Desert Rats and Cassino counters back into good use.
08-05-2012, 12:38 AM,
Did GC members get an email about this? I did not and am a GC member. For some reason, AP has an issue with my email address in the GC data base and i don't always get the GC insider emails.
08-05-2012, 12:53 AM,
(08-05-2012, 12:38 AM)Blackcloud6 Wrote: Did GC members get an email about this? I did not and am a GC member. For some reason, AP has an issue with my email address in the GC data base and i don't always get the GC insider emails.
Yes, GC members received an email yesterday morning.
08-05-2012, 02:52 AM,
(08-05-2012, 12:53 AM)Hugmenot Wrote:
(08-05-2012, 12:38 AM)Blackcloud6 Wrote: Did GC members get an email about this? I did not and am a GC member. For some reason, AP has an issue with my email address in the GC data base and i don't always get the GC insider emails.
Yes, GC members received an email yesterday morning.

I didn't get it. Sad But AP has been pretty good getting to me when I let them know. Sleepy
08-12-2012, 09:55 AM,
Matt let me peruse Patton's Nightmare before our game today and my first impression was very positive.

Almost all scenarios are between 10 and 24 turns in length and I noticed only 2 which would not fit on my gaming table. Many different type of units in each scenario.

It leapfrogged several other supplements on my priority list.
08-13-2012, 11:00 AM,
I am looking forward to playing some Patton's Nightmare scenarios as well!