Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KSF
06-07-2012, 08:16 AM,
RE: KSF
unfortunately alot of my PG boxes have come with one die, or those awful tiny ones...
06-08-2012, 02:29 AM,
Anybody have a problem with miscut counters in KSF?

I wrote Avalanche yesterday asking if they could replace the German countersheet. Most of the DF values on the reverse sides are clipped. Some of the fours look like ones.
06-08-2012, 03:21 AM,
Mine came out great. Apparently there's some human error going on with aligning the decals.
06-08-2012, 03:25 AM,
So, because I was bored, I did a quick calc on some of the air allocations in some of the scenarios. I haven't looked at them all, and the 2 types I've seen are "Each side rolls a die. The Germans add 1 to the die roll. The higher die roll gets 1 aircraft. If you beat the other guy by 3, you get 2 aircraft. Reroll on ties" and "Each side rolls a die. The Germans add 2 to the die roll. The higher die roll gets 1 aircraft. Reroll on ties."

For the former, there are 31 possible results. On those, the Germans get an average of 31 aircraft, or an average of 1/turn. The Soviets get an average of 13 aircraft, or an average of about 0.45 aircraft per turn. On a raw basis, 21 results give an aircraft (or 2) to the Germans, only 10 to the Soviets.

For the latter, there are 32 possible results. On 26 of these, the German gets the aircraft. On the other 6, the Soviets get the aircraft.
06-09-2012, 01:01 AM,
KSF and KSN (I guess) focus on the German Offensive phase of the battle, during which the Luftwaffe would be making a maximum effort. Thus probably the greater amount of German ground to air support. Hopefully these two games will be followed up with a Drive on Belgorod-Kharkov, the Soviet offensive that was the second half of the Kursk battle. A book only, or possibly a book with a half countersheet would do, as an expansion to KSF and KNF