Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Avalanche Press and Game parts quality issues
08-04-2018, 03:15 AM,
Avalanche Press and Game parts quality issues
So...
Having just come off of BGG where a series of posts in Feb. 2011 dealt in depth with issues about APL....

I'd like to ask those who know/have dealt with Dr. Benn for a while if I'm just wasting my time...

I purchased a copy of Fire in the Steppe from Noble Knights....
I discovered, to my dismay, that one counter sheet of russians was misprinted on the back...3mm too high, unit counters
cut off part of symbols and crop 1/2 the movement factors.....  This was a game from Noble Knight which we made a deal
on because a previous purchase of Eastern Front Deluxe came with Americans, and no russians (say what?)...so we made
a deal on FitS.....

So---I've written to customer service 3 times in the past 10 days.....NADA...Squat reply....I'd be happy to pay for a counter sheet replacement,
but buy a whole copy to get my T34s.....sits poorly in my craw.....

So here, I"ve spent money on TWO games of the series and for one reason or another cannot field T34s...still....
I am enjoying the games I'm playing...but, I'd like to try an get a good counter set.....a complete game.

Is appealing to Dr. Benn/Avalanche NOT going to work? Has anyone had a good experience?
Anyone want to sell russian front games ? (or France 40?)

thanks---cjSmile
08-04-2018, 03:31 AM,
RE: Avalanche Press and Game parts quality issues
Post on the AP home page on CSW and its very visible and he will have to respond.
08-04-2018, 03:46 AM,
What email address did you use?
08-04-2018, 03:57 AM,
(08-04-2018, 03:46 AM)J6A Wrote: What email address did you use?

customerservice@avalanchepress.com  on his website.....

I'd like to not "piss him off" as I hope to continue to do business and enjoy the games...
So before washing the dirty laundry on a more public forum, I thought this one might get me some ideas....so Jay, that's a next step, or a few away...
(and Jay I understand you are in Colorado? I'm in Gunbarrel....)

Thanks for any suggestions you might have people Smile
cjWink
08-04-2018, 05:22 AM,
Here is where I would post:

http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX/.ee6fed8/29610

CJ, Peter Lloyd, and I are both in Longmont and I believe there are a couple more guys in the Denver/Colorado Springs area and Mike in Durango. I have seen Peter twice but my schedule don't allow me to play FtF much.
08-04-2018, 06:23 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-04-2018, 02:56 PM by cjsiam.)
(08-04-2018, 05:22 AM)JayTownsend Wrote: Here is where I would post:

http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX/.ee6fed8/29610

CJ, Peter Lloyd, and I are both in Longmont and I believe there are a couple more guys in the Denver/Colorado Springs area and Mike in Durango. I have seen Peter twice but my schedule don't allow me to play FtF much.

I got to meet him before he headed off to indo...
I'm heading to the Colo Mil Historians in Broomfield meeting tonight....they do a Friday night fights every week...

Look forward to meeting you and maybe picking up your counters...
cjSmile
08-04-2018, 07:31 AM,
Try mike@avalanchepress.com. it tends to produce better results.
08-06-2018, 12:42 AM,
One of my counter sheets in the Long War box Plan Z was off set. I contacted them via Consimworld and they sent a replacement fairly rapidly.
08-06-2018, 02:03 AM,
(08-06-2018, 12:42 AM)zaarin7 Wrote: One of my counter sheets in the Long War box Plan Z was off set. I contacted them via Consimworld and they sent a replacement fairly rapidly.

That is encouraging.....
I'm going to give him some time---I'm about to travel so I'll not be able to take advantage anyway (off to Thailand)....
Thanks!
08-08-2018, 12:51 PM,
Unfortunately Avalanche doesn't respond to emails so public shaming on CSW is your best bet. I'd start politely and you will likely get a response.