Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scenarios played, small & first?
07-26-2018, 11:53 PM,
RE: Scenarios played, small & first?
Sure but in my case I selected the scenario with the most maps (to a limit of 4) when there was a tie.
07-29-2018, 09:59 AM,
WofR- I hate to admit that I may never play it since I really have a penchant for the EUR o pa stuff- At one time I was nicknamed 'Munch' for munching through Russia as set Fuhrer in Drach Nach Osten. Buuutt.....I might consider a trade for Broken Axis or Burning Tigers. (Sorry I should have gone to different folder.) OK, see other folder for specs.
08-29-2018, 12:23 AM,
The first scenario that I play is the the one I like the look of most of all normally. I enjoy looking through the scenario books and choosing the best looking scenario to play next. This would normally not be a small scenario.
09-13-2018, 07:57 AM,
I decided to hang on to Restistance. Too good to part with.

I'm still looking to play AFV v. AFV and a monster. I'm thinking 4+ boards and a classic panzer div. v. tank div. Eastern Front, 100+ counters, 30+ turns. Saw a 250+ counter, 4 board whopper in March on Lenin. yesterday. BTW, there's a lot more to Kursk: SF than II SS Panzer Corps I would think. Or, it seems the scenarios have been scaled down. Where's the monster within the monster, Prokhorovka? I see many references, but am not sure which scenario could be called the meat
of t he battle. Possibly I'll do little research and maybe come away with a Matt Ward type campaign.
09-14-2018, 01:08 AM,
Kursk: South Flank has some very large scenarios involving lots of tanks. I think scenario 34, With Reckless Abandon, took us 18+ hours to play.

Campaigns linking scenarios, be they new or new one, would be appreciated.
09-14-2018, 03:12 AM,
I've run into a Barbarossa Miniatures campaign which runs from June-Sept of 41 by Andrew Rolph...It is based on a Platoon based unit stand, and I think would fit really well with the PG platform....whole series of battles strung together in a campaign....

I'm looking at the maps---how to use a PG map set, or custom to make it work...the battles are Regiment to couple regiment sized...Russians are Randomized formations....pretty nice set up...

Turning it into a PG based campaign for Barbarossa, potentially multi-player, is where I'm looking to go with it.

https://www.wargamevault.com/product/241...n-the-Door
09-14-2018, 04:08 AM,
I could be interested in a multiplayer game. I'd even buy the pdf.

I have a, possibly outdated, box of Command Decision on my game shelf.
09-17-2018, 12:40 AM,
There was a book like that done for GDW's Command Decision back in the day. It might be based on that. In any event will be a purchase in the near future.