Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
X-Meter Hill Hex Definition
08-02-2012, 04:08 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-02-2012, 04:43 AM by Hugmenot.)
X-Meter Hill Hex Definition
Panzer Lion scenario #4 - http://www.pg-hq.com/library.php?type=sc...id=PzLi004 - awards two VPs for each 40-meter hill hex on Board 11 under Soviet control at the end of play.

My question is whether the hill hexes with an elevation line counts as a highest-elevation hill hex for victory point purposes.

I am having a hard time coming up with a strategy which would give the Germans a chance if there are indeed 21 40-meter hill hexes on board 11.
08-02-2012, 04:33 AM,
RE: X-Meter Hill Hex Definition
As long as there 20% or greater in the hex. On this board that would include all of them. Personally, I don't like this board if I need to attack to take the town hexes. Even a small force can hold out the whole game. Towns reduce the bombardment effect and the hill gives the defender a +1 advantage in assaults, never mind the -2 and -1 for towns and height for direct fire. Which means even if you get some sort of positive column shift, your still shoot two columns down.