Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PG 4th Ed. Assault Chart
06-16-2018, 06:44 PM,
PG 4th Ed. Assault Chart
Just started to use 4th Ed. charts, having received Fire in the Steppe. Can the Assault Chart be added to the site, or is it a copyright infringement?

If other players aren't aware, the new Assault Chart is a d2 2-12 results table.
06-17-2018, 05:05 AM,
RE: PG 4th Ed. Assault Chart
It can be added. It's been on the to-do list forever to get all the charts in. One of these days.
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
06-17-2018, 02:46 PM,
(06-17-2018, 05:05 AM)Shad Wrote: It can be added. It's been on the to-do list forever to get all the charts in. One of these days.

Oh man, Shad, you've done great with this site! The reason why I am always here is that I like the layout, interactive Random Scenarios,AARs, promotions, rules, forums, etc., etc.. In fact, I'm surprised that APL doesn't spend more time w this site (and money?).

Kudos, brother.
06-18-2018, 01:48 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-18-2018, 01:49 AM by Shad.)
Thanks for the positive feedback. With the exception of a few PDF supplements years ago, we've never received any support or assistance from AP. Even for comparatively simple things like boxcover images, our volunteers have had to cobble together content manually. That's also why there's always some lag time between a game being released and us getting it into the Library.

On the one hand it makes our work much harder, on the other we're entirely free to do as we please, even when that irritates AP itself... Like our Kursk Klock back when that game was in development hell.
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
06-18-2018, 10:30 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-18-2018, 10:33 AM by saracv3.)
I think the Admiral has had similar experiences, but says he doesn't care.00po

The VASSAL situation is particularly galling. Players would be so grateful to have this system. really functioning. Another thought: Institute an. a rating system like in chess. That would.wild spark play. I don't know if AREA has any APL games in its system.
06-19-2018, 02:26 AM,
(06-18-2018, 10:30 AM)saracv3 Wrote: The VASSAL situation is particularly galling.

Is it galling enough to do something?
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
06-19-2018, 04:13 AM,
My experience as a PG developer is similar to Admiral Stears.