Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Rules] Armor joining an in progress assault hex
07-31-2012, 01:01 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-31-2012, 01:02 AM by vince hughes.)
RE: Armor joining an in progress assault hex
(07-31-2012, 12:53 AM)Pippers Wrote:
(07-29-2012, 07:55 AM)vince hughes Wrote: Your AFV may enter the hex with a 'Fire' activation and then see 12.3 'Optional Combat'. IF you so wish, the AFV can stir the hornets nest and the assault with all your troops can take place as per your Q.

Are you talking about the AFV assaulting on its own when you say "enter the hex with a 'Fire' activation"? Is there any reason you would want an AFV to assault on it's own, and then have the infantry assault on their own the next segment? The shifts that come with AFV with support infantry are nice.

No Pippers, I was merely explaining to Joe how he gets the AFV into the hex.

It has to activate 'on its own' when outside the hex and use a FIRE activation to enter as the foot leader in the assault certainly can not call him in. When it enters, it can then stir up the rest of the hex as per the 'optional combat rules' at 12.3.

AFV's however, do not add a bonus to all nations and all periods.

Also, sometimes, it may suit an attacker to have 2 seperate 'jabs' at the defenders, but thats another discussion. Point was, I wasn't advocating anything, merely letting JB know the rules as per his Q.

To be honest though, I may have completely misunderstood your Q Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: Armor joining an in progress assault hex - by vince hughes - 07-31-2012, 01:01 AM