Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gold Club News Today - New PG Games Listed
06-06-2018, 06:04 AM,
RE: Gold Club News Today - New PG Games Listed
(06-02-2018, 06:56 AM)Shad Wrote: HugmenotAlmost like waiting for the Leafs to win the cup. Almost ...

Doesn't usage of the verb "wait" require an object (bold added) that is actually going to occur? Tongue

Not to detract from your post, Shad, but wait is an intransitive verb: https://dictionary.cambridge.org/diction...glish/wait .   Big Grin

As for Lord Stanley's Cup, can it be that Ovechkin memes might become passe?
06-06-2018, 06:24 AM,
I'm gonna go ahead and blame not knowing that on being abroad for so long, but we all know I simply just didn't know that  Big Grin
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
06-06-2018, 07:12 AM,
^
::chuckles::
06-08-2018, 11:15 AM,
Both "Admiral" Jim Stear and myself whooped when Hearts of Iron was announced around 2008. People might go to CSW to the talk in the GWAS forum. Jim was lead on this project . Just an FYI here.
07-16-2018, 02:16 AM,
(05-18-2018, 10:36 PM)Coniglius Wrote:
(05-18-2018, 09:23 AM)JayTownsend Wrote:
(05-18-2018, 07:01 AM)Greyfox Wrote: Jay,

What books did you use for your research on the Greeco-Italian War?  Only thing I have now is Hollow Legions.

I have Hollow Legion as well but the better book is called The Defense And Fall of Greece 1940-41 by John Carr and besides those two books, I used a number of internet  sources. Those three together put the puzzle together. 

I hope AP uses my game submission as I think it is really good. 

The smaller parts of the war are difficult to find translated works for. Most of the reference material is primary source type material, written in the local language. This is the challenge I'm running into as I research the Brazilians  (let's call it 'Smoking Cobras' for now).
90% of the reference material I've dug up is in Portuguese, which is ok, as I am able to translate a good amount of it, but it makes for exceedingly slow progress and note taking.  Talk about putting the puzzle together!!!
Coniglius are you still doing the 
Brazilian Expeditionary Force???

Jay