Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
[SotM] 2012 August - Prepare for Battle!
09-26-2012, 10:30 PM,
RE: [SotM] 2012 August - Prepare for Battle!
(09-26-2012, 01:47 PM)tlangston28 Wrote: As Vince said, I probably would have been better off charging straight up the hill from the south which would have given me more time. Hindsight shows that OBA was really a non-factor.

That is what TheDoctor (CW side) did in our play.

Quote:Would the result have been different? Probably not - when push came to shove, I was able to defeat the Italians in almost every assault, but a cleared hex would immediately expose those units to adjacent fire from all over the place, causing DIS and DEMs which required at least 1-2 turns of recovery.

In our play, Italian adjacent OF/DF was unable to hurt the CW significantly. The -1 DF hill shift automatically drops the adjacent benefit by half. So with a good morale and fairly strong leaders, the CW mostly stayed intact (I don't mean to say that they weren't hurt at all, but they survived with sufficient cohesion to fight off (obliterate) the counter attack launched by my initially unengaged "western wing."

Of course, this is what makes the SotM a pretty neat event. Hopefully we can get the statistics posted soon (realizing that: (i) can see the win-results already and (ii) Shad is rather busy ATM).
09-27-2012, 01:20 AM,
(09-26-2012, 10:30 PM)Poor Yorek Wrote: Of course, this is what makes the SotM a pretty neat event.

Though I won't be attempting September's offering ... Too many broken bits it seems ?
09-27-2012, 02:33 AM,
It seems long for no particular purpose except to give the American commander a feeling of frustration consistent with that felt in reality. A better approach would have been to pick up the battle after the bridge is built.
No "minor" country left behind...
09-27-2012, 06:10 AM,
I've just run out of time. Its been a busy month and I am having gaming at my house this Sunday and will need the table. I may try to get in another KSF scenario by then, though.
10-05-2012, 09:27 AM,
bttt